Sponsored

Have you found where the little rattle is coming from near the instrument panel?

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I've got 12k miles on my 2018 JLR (weekend ride) and I'm now getting a little rattle behind the speedometer or more to the left of it. Has anyone experienced this and what did you do to resolve it.

I have not taken dash apart or added and mods in this area.

Thanks in advance.

Jack
Sponsored

schwizzie

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I've got 12k miles on my 2018 JLR (weekend ride) and I'm now getting a little rattle behind the speedometer or more to the left of it. Has anyone experienced this and what did you do to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

Jack
Mine was a small module attached to the back of the left speaker box, inside the dash. Go to the post below and watch the video. That part starts around 7:15. All you have to do is wedge something between the nodule and the speaker box.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ration-under-steering-wheel.26041/post-871373

Some have also said their sun visor was loose, so maybe check that too.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that link... I plan to take my dash out because I have replacement speakers to add plus fix the speaker polarity issue that I had on all my speakers.

Will let you know in a month or two my results.

Jack

Mine was a small module attached to the back of the left speaker box, inside the dash. Go to the post below and watch the video. That part starts around 7:15. All you have to do is wedge something between the nodule and the speaker box.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ration-under-steering-wheel.26041/post-871373

Some have also said their sun visor was loose, so maybe check that too.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
If you hear another rattle or slight knocking sound in the front cabin area, check your mirrors. Drove me nuts trying to find it. You need to squeeze them together since itā€™s basically a plastic cap on the front side.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I have to ask... if I do take the dash apart and the speaker box, will it be easier to fix that part based on the link you sent?

Thanks for that link... I plan to take my dash out because I have replacement speakers to add plus fix the speaker polarity issue that I had on all my speakers.

Will let you know in a month or two my results.

Jack

Sponsored

schwizzie

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have to ask... if I do take the dash apart and the speaker box, will it be easier to fix that part based on the link you sent?
Itā€™s takes 5 minutes. You only have to pull the panel below the steering column. Give it a go and see if it helps. I remember that buzz being pretty annoying haha...

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Thanks in advance.

Jack
Hey, Jack. Have you brought this to the attention of your dealership? We do suggest doing so at your earliest convenience to allow them the chance to pinpoint the cause of this rattle. If you'd like our assistance, please reach out.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Helloh2u

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
If you hear another rattle or slight knocking sound in the front cabin area, check your mirrors. Drove me nuts trying to find it. You need to squeeze them together since itā€™s basically a plastic cap on the front side.
Are you talking about the whole side view mirror assembly? I have had a knocking/rattling over on the passenger side for weeks that is driving me crazy.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
Yes. It was driving me nuts. Had the wife roll down her window and hold/squeeze the passenger mirror at the top of the seam where it joins together. That was it!
Sponsored