Sponsored

Have you ever noticed how many idiots there are?

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Right? We laugh when they get an an inch of snow in the southern states and everything grinds to a halt ..
I remember years ago when I was stationed in NC we got about 1/2 inch of snow and they shut the base down. They shut the town down. It was emergency vehicles only type hype. I went out and hopped on my motorcycle for some flat tracking fun on empty roads. It wasn’t even enough to need to start up the Jeep. Even though I do enjoy driving in snow here in Jersey, getting old I guess.

Jsdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s 2dr
tires can be the biggest factor! I once was struggling to get my jeep up a long incline in icy weather and this teenage girl in a Jetta with studded tires just casually drove right past! I wanted to reach out and grab her Dunkin' mocha latte and pee in it. I used to have a late 70s Malibu Classic with studded tires and that thing was a tank (even did some mild off-roading!)

My biggest problem is that people just don't understand that 4wd or AWD only helps you go, it doesn't change physics when you try to stop! It seems that the 4WD can give people a false sense of traction so they drive too fast and end up off the road. I have a coworker to works part time for a towing company and he comments on most of his snow recoveries are mid size SUVs because they are going so fast that when they go off the side, the momentum sends them well off the road and often rolling over. The average car just gets stuck in the snow bank on the side and can shovel out.

Bayfield

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport / Ford Ranger
when you're dead you don't know you're dead , it is only painful for those around you ....... stupidity is the same !

Alex07

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Regarding the snow storms and extreme weather conditions, indeed, there are many idiots.
Once, there was a hurricane where I live, and it was clearly said that everyone should stay at home and not leave the house in case of emergency. But there are some people who died because they thought that strong wind was nothing compared to their urgency to buy some snacks or go surfing.
Every year, when the weather is bad, I see idiots who believe that nothing will happen.
Sponsored