Sponsored

Have you ever noticed how many idiots there are?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
20190223_175500.jpg
We are in the middle of a blizzard here. 6" of snow so far with 50 mph winds and another 5 hours of it to go (weatherman said would probably end with 10" which would put us at second snowiest February plus two more snow storms expected in next 5 days and we are at double the average season snowfall so far). I had to give my daughter-in-law a ride to the hospital (nurse) and there were a lot of people in cars that shouldn't be out stuck over the curbs (can barely see 1/2 a block and hard to tell the street from the yards) and some driving without lights. The JL did fine but not as well as my JK with Duratracs, their open tread doesn't fill with snow as quickly. I live on the edge of the city and the drifts have pretty much closed the street.
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah they are everywhere lol

In other news, I’m thinking about going to the beach here tomorrow. Sometimes I pretend the sand is snow so I feel like I’m cooling down, it usually doesn’t work so I grab a beer.

A98E7E5A-A12A-47C9-ADE4-181A8BE49221.jpeg

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

20190223_175500.jpg
We are in the middle of a blizzard here. 6" of snow so far with 50 mph winds and another 5 hours of it to go (weatherman said would probably end with 10" which would put us at second snowiest February plus two more snow storms expected in next 5 days and we are at double the average season snowfall so far). I had to give my daughter-in-law a ride to the hospital (nurse) and there were a lot of people in cars that shouldn't be out stuck over the curbs (can barely see 1/2 a block and hard to tell the street from the yards) and some driving without lights. The JL did fine but not as well as my JK with Duratracs, their open tread doesn't fill with snow as quickly. I live on the edge of the city and the drifts have pretty much closed the street.
My wife has a sticker on her car “all men are idiots, and I married their king’

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Yeah they are everywhere lol

In other news, I’m thinking about going to the beach here tomorrow. Sometimes I pretend the sand is snow so I feel like I’m cooling down, it usually doesn’t work so I grab a beer.

A98E7E5A-A12A-47C9-ADE4-181A8BE49221.jpeg
You may want to skip tomorrow. It’ll barely break 80

Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Snow is over but wind still blowing. Needed to go into 4L to get out of my garage. Think may need to replace the KO2s with Duratracs if we have another snowy winter next year.
20190223_222814.jpg

Reactions: RTJ

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
20190223_175500.jpg
In all fairness to the idiots, many of them likely are not really idiot.
There is a pretty high portion of folks that live pay check to pay check. If their place of employment is open, then they need to get there as missing even a single day's work makes a big difference for them.
Then again, there are also a lot of idiots who just want to drive around and look at all the snow from the comfort of their Honda Civic.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I had to drive my wife to the Hospital of the coldest Day in Chicago's history, 20 Jan 1985. -27F raw temp -80F with the wind chill (old method), and 21" of snowfall. My daughter was born at 4:12 AM and the coldest temp was measured around 6:00 AM. Drove her in our '76 Buick Century Special looked like this one:

20JAN1985.jpg

23129570001_large.jpg

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
In all fairness to the idiots, many of them likely are not really idiot.
There is a pretty high portion of folks that live pay check to pay check. If their place of employment is open, then they need to get there as missing even a single day's work makes a big difference for them.
Then again, there are also a lot of idiots who just want to drive around and look at all the snow from the comfort of their Honda Civic.
Yep, one of the people stuck was a Dominos driver. I offered to pull her out but she said the tow truck was on the way. The police had issued a request that there only should be emergency travel and it looked like most places were closed except gas stations and apparently Dominos.
Sponsored