Sponsored

Have you ever noticed how many idiots there are?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, one of the people stuck was a Dominos driver. I offered to pull her out but she said the tow truck was on the way. The police had issued a request that there only should be emergency travel and it looked like most places were closed except gas stations and apparently Dominos.

No donut shop ! :angry: ....... :)

Reactions: RTJ

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
20190223_175500.jpg
We are in the middle of a blizzard here. 6" of snow so far with 50 mph winds and another 5 hours of it to go (weatherman said would probably end with 10" which would put us at second snowiest February plus two more snow storms expected in next 5 days and we are at double the average season snowfall so far). I had to give my daughter-in-law a ride to the hospital (nurse) and there were a lot of people in cars that shouldn't be out stuck over the curbs (can barely see 1/2 a block and hard to tell the street from the yards) and some driving without lights. The JL did fine but not as well as my JK with Duratracs, their open tread doesn't fill with snow as quickly. I live on the edge of the city and the drifts have pretty much closed the street.
10” of snow is a work day in NH, they won’t start closing business until you get over a foot. Lol

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
10” of snow is a work day in NH, they won’t start closing business until you get over a foot. Lol
It's the 50 mph winds that make a blizzard. Plain snow is easy. Three to four foot drifts from the wind driven snow, especially when it makes it hard snow, is different.

Sponsored

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
It's the 50 mph winds that make a blizzard. Plain snow is easy. Three to four foot drifts from the wind driven snow, especially when it makes it hard snow, is different.
Ever lived through a Nor’Easter?

That’s pretty normal up here. This year has been unusual as we’ve not gotten much snow but we’ve easily had 24”+ storms with 50mph winds here most years. It takes a lot for businesses to start shut

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Ever lived through a Nor’Easter?

That’s pretty normal up here. This year has been unusual as we’ve not gotten much snow but we’ve easily had 24”+ storms with 50mph winds here most years. It takes a lot for businesses to start shut
My first winter in Bangor, I was surprised how everyone went about their business and it didn't bother anyone. I think the only time school was cancelled was for over 18" over night and they hadn't cleared enough of the roads yet. And that was the first time I ever saw a scrapper/bulldozer clean roads!

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Speaking of places that normally chuckle at people suffering through winter. I had to appreciate this following our weird week here in Phoenix. We had to scramble to find coverage because one of our teachers was snowed in.

FB_IMG_1551070755990.jpg

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
My first winter in Bangor, I was surprised how everyone went about their business and it didn't bother anyone. I think the only time school was cancelled was for over 18" over night and they hadn't cleared enough of the roads yet. And that was the first time I ever saw a scrapper/bulldozer clean roads!
Right? We laugh when they get an an inch of snow in the southern states and everything grinds to a halt ..

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Wish I’d gotten a photo of this. Was in the woods near cocoa. Not many Jeeps, but lots of ATV, side by sides etc.

Picture this: a big ATV wizzing by, dad driving, mom in the rear and a 3 or 4 year old in the middle. No helmets of course. Best part was mom had one arm holding junior and the other holding tow open Miller Light bottles

#FloridaMan

NeoMaximuz

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Unlimited Rubicon JL
You want to see some real idiots go to west Texas and travel 285 between Pecos Tx and Carlsbad New Mexico. I’ve seen so many people get killed there the last three years. Most are due to idiots.
That area used to be dead five years ago but with all the new activity going on around Orla, I'm not surprised there have been so many accidents. I miss that middle-of-nowhere feeling there used to be there.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
That area used to be dead five years ago but with all the new activity going on around Orla, I'm not surprised there have been so many accidents. I miss that middle-of-nowhere feeling there used to be there.
There’s still no cell or radio reception last time I drove it. Still a PIA.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It is estimated that approximately 10% of the US population has an IQ so low that the military determined they could not provide any useful function. That’s a lot of people, and a very, very low bar.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
I work in Orla off of 652 about 5mikes from the 4way stop. It’s a lovely place. Sarcasm inserted. We use to go through there years ago on our way to CO to go elk hunting, you would never pass another car.
Sponsored