Sponsored

Have u forgotten to turn off ur Jeep while on the Gym?

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
So I just got out of the gym and notice my Jeep was on. I DIDNT REALIZE I FORGOT TO TURN IT OFF!! Fuck I’m an idiot. 1.5 hours just iddling... the Jeep feels hot but the temperature light is just in the middle. I’m currently parked engine off to try to cool it down. Do u guys know how bad this is for the engine? Man with the key foab away and in the D position it should have a mechanism to turn off itself...but it doesn’t
Your Jeep is perfectly fine. Ive been in Hartford, CT traffic for longer then that in 95 degree temps. The thing that made me laugh though; 1990 my dad went to the gym on a very hot summer day in our 1974 Chevy Impala coupe. He too forgot to turn it off. Remember, the old 70's cars were notorious for overheating, especially GM and Chrysler vehicles. Radiators were always overheating. As a kid traveling with my parents back and fourth from Hartford to the Bronx, cars were always seen on the side of 95, Cross Bronx Expressway, LIU, overheating. People would leave the cars to go get help- no cell phones and nowhere to really get help those days, and scum would stop, steel everything in the cars and set the cars on fire. There were hundreds of those burned out cars on the sides of the highways. It was crazy, but par for the times. Back to my dad. He came out of the JCC to find 4 fire trucks putting out the flames coming from our pretty red Impala. The parking lot of the JCC. I should also mention my dad was a psychiatrist, you never new where his head was at, need I say more. Now of course, you have nothing to worry about. The temp needle almost always stays right where it should. Be glad you didn't have a VW Rabbit, they also overheated just looking at them. Have fun with your Jeep.
Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Half hour working out, one hour looking for his gym bag!!!

OMG I'd never admit to this, never mind on a forum!!! lol

Go Jeep!!!
Did you own that gorgeous red Jeep in your picture?. Willy's/ CJ5?. Really nice pic.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Yup I did, brand new in 1965! A "Tuxedo Park" CJ5, fancy chrome bumpers and rolled and pleated front and rear seats a V6, no carpeting and great drain holes! It leaked everywhere but who cared, it was a Jeep!!! Have had 26 Jeeps of all kinds since then!

Don't hafta be crazy but it sure helps! Glad you, GGOLDS like the pic.

Go Jeep!

Sponsored

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
be glad you didn't pull into your attached garage at home and accidentally leave it running.
No your good :CWL::LOL::LOL::CWL: that defiantly wont hurt anything, but waste all your gas & make you need to
change the oil a little quicker... no worries.... don't ask how I know this :lipssealed:

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
At the beach I’d let it idle for half a day to play music etc. Now I run a gen set instead. Point is you didn’t hurt it at all.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Its getting cold here in Michigan, so I might do it on purpose.

NobSob

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler 2010
In fact, from my exercises in the gym, when I was trying to lose weight, I realized that the most important thing for a man is to strengthen the core. A strong and durable body isn't only looks good, but more importantly, it helps stabilize, balance and support the body during almost any work. A strong core can reduce stress on joints and improve posture. I use the plank exercise for this. You can see how it's done on the Internet, but it's pretty simple. My trainer taught me this. By the way, I managed to lose weight. I took peptides BPC 157 and almost all of my fat was turned into muscle. In any case, this exercise is very effective and excellent for tightening your core muscles.

Last edited:

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
1.5 hours? Ha! Hop in a P71 Crown Vic one day. You may notice it has an idle meter. Most have thousands of idle hours on then. Cops spend a LOT of time sitting in obscure out of the way places eating donuts and napping. They run just fine.

No, there is nothing super magic about the cop car vs civilian despite what you have seen on the Blues Brothers movie. They have a slightly bigger cold air intake which nets about 15 extra ponies. Pretty stripped out interiors also.

Sponsored

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
This is totally not your fault.
In the old days when you used a real key, you couldn’t turn off the car without removing it from the ignition. A push button is all too easy to forget to depress. See it’s FCA’s fault!!!!! 😀

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So you not only forgot to shut off the engine but you also left it in drive?
I guess that explains why we have the auto park feature.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Be grateful it wasn't a Grand Cherokee while you were checking your mail after a long day of shooting terrible Star Trek movies.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
considering I dont go to the gym, never been an issue ;)

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I was going to ask the same question, except the title of this thread would have been:

Have u forgotten to turn off ur Jeep while at the Strip Club?

But now after seeing all of these comments, I'll just keep my mouth shut.....
Sponsored