Sponsored

Have u forgotten to turn off ur Jeep while on the Gym?

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
I wasn't that shocked that you left it running for 1.5 hours while in the gym as much as I were you being in a gym for 1.5 hours.

If I exercised for 1.5 hours, whoever is driving the hearse would hopefully turn my jeep off.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I wasn't that shocked that you left it running for 1.5 hours while in the gym as much as I were you being in a gym for 1.5 hours.

If I exercised for 1.5 hours, whoever is driving the hearse would hopefully turn my jeep off.
30 minutes of arms, 1 hour of flexing at self in the mirror.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
Do you have remote start? When I first got my Jeep, one time at the post office I tried locking it without looking at the fob buttons and I didn't hear the beep as I was walking away, so I kept trying and finally heard the beep. I came out to find the Jeep running and after a moment's confusion remembered I had remote start.

Now I don't fumble around pushing fob buttons.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Do you have remote start? When I first got my Jeep, one time at the post office I tried locking it without looking at the fob buttons and I didn't hear the beep as I was walking away, so I kept trying and finally heard the beep. I came out to find the Jeep running and after a moment's confusion remembered I had remote start.

Now I don't fumble around pushing fob buttons.
Remote start has a timer. If you start it and don't get in with your key soon enough, the vehicle will shut off.

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Never had that happen but it will be totally fine.

One time I idled my JK for 6 hours straight stuck on I-70 coming back from skiing when some dipstick with crappy tires got stuck and closed the whole highway.
Why not turn off?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Arnusoriano

Arnusoriano

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Scion TC, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL, Horse
The only time I would see this being a problem is if you just purchased the vehicle and the motor wasn’t broke in. Idling isn’t good for a new motor with less than a couple hundred miles. Otherwise, you’re fine. Think about people who commute in Southern California.
I am the people that commute in So Cal Hahahaha from LA to Orange County. I already have 27k miles on my JL, no problems so far.

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2019 Mini Cooper
Never had that happen but it will be totally fine.

One time I idled my JK for 6 hours straight stuck on I-70 coming back from skiing when some dipstick with crappy tires got stuck and closed the whole highway.
Came in to say exactly this. 9 hours in a vehicle on a usual 3.5 hour drive. Basically 5 straight hours of idling and crawling was no issue.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Half hour working out, one hour looking for his gym bag!!!

OMG I'd never admit to this, never mind on a forum!!! lol

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored