Sponsored

Have to slam door to make it shut

mvtiger03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Just brought home my JL Sahara today! Love it! The driver door has to be slammed in order for it to be properly closed so I can put it in gear. No other door has this problem. The salesman noticed this, but we just assumed we didn't shut the door hard enough. Now that I've driven it around for a few hours I can tell something's not right. Anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

hanschien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just brought home my JL Sahara today! Love it! The driver door has to be slammed in order for it to be properly closed so I can put it in gear. No other door has this problem. The salesman noticed this, but we just assumed we didn't shut the door hard enough. Now that I've driven it around for a few hours I can tell something's not right. Anyone else had this problem?
Mine does this sometimes. I think it has something to do with the cabin air pressure. Try this, open the rear door and lightly closing the driver door.

Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
hinges could be binding, close the door loosen the hinge bolts a little then re tighten.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Have you guys /gals experiencing this issue ever owned a Wrangler, say a 2017-2018 Wrangler JK ? They like the JL are pretty lets call it air tight and if all other doors and rear hatch are closed and no windows cracked open a bit, then well the door (tailgate) you are closing will need a good slam/push to close. There is no fix for this. Yes, leave one window open a bit and this will help out.

You will also note that if you and say your Wife both get out at the same time and push doors / slam doors shut, that one will most always inadvertently not close completely and has to be opened and closed again.

You'll get used to it.... kinda.

Sponsored

goracers

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Experienced this on my 2010 once. Dealer took the door off and it magically was fixed.

txroamer

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Wrangler (sold to nephew), 2018 JLUR, 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2018 Charger ScatPack 392, 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Road Glide
Vehicle Showcase
I put my hard top back on my 2013 after being off for 5 years and it still built up pressure in there and kept the door from closing on first attempt to shut it.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
All previous models during the doors took a little extra effort. The JL, this should not be issue. They should close with very little effort. I have to Yelm my daughter to go easy because she's used to closing the JK doors. Now the tailgate is a little harder, it's beefed up and heavier plus bigger tires. That door may need some adjustment.

OP
OP

mvtiger03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Have you guys /gals experiencing this issue ever owned a Wrangler, say a 2017-2018 Wrangler JK ? They like the JL are pretty lets call it air tight and if all other doors and rear hatch are closed and no windows cracked open a bit, then well the door (tailgate) you are closing will need a good slam/push to close. There is no fix for this. Yes, leave one window open a bit and this will help out.

You will also note that if you and say your Wife both get out at the same time and push doors / slam doors shut, that one will most always inadvertently not close completely and has to be opened and closed again.

You'll get used to it.... kinda.[

This is my first Wrangler so I'm not used to the doors yet. Going to get the dealership to check it out tomorrow and if nothing's wrong I'll hit the weight room for sure!

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
If you just get these doors started they close very easy. Much different than before.

OP
OP

mvtiger03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
The dealership adjusted the door bolts today. Didn't have a cause just said it was a glitch. Seems to be shutting better now.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Doesn't JL have an cabin air outlet? What happens to the soft top when you turn on the heater blower...I envision the Wrangler floating away like a dirigible!

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
My passenger JK door is hard to close. Everybody knows they have to slam it.