Sponsored

Have any of you refused to accept your ordered Wrangler at delivery-just curious?

Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sting-Gray
Hi, I've read threads where some have experienced issues following the delivery of their ordered Wranglers...steering issues come to mind. Which made me wonder, for those that were able to take their time during the delivery process by driving it varying speeds to include interstate speeds, if the steering issue or another issue was apparent, did you refuse delivery of your ordered Wrangler? If so, what's your story?
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Hi, I've read threads where some have experienced issues following the delivery of their ordered Wranglers...steering issues come to mind. Which made me wonder, for those that were able to take their time during the delivery process by driving it varying speeds to include interstate speeds, if the steering issue or another issue was apparent, did you refuse delivery of your ordered Wrangler? If so, what's your story?
I am picking up my Wrangler this morning. I will definitely take it for a ride before I cut the dealer a check. I gave them $1000 when I ordered it. If I had to walk away from the 1k , I would. I certainly expect no issues.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
When my dealer asked for a nonrefundable 1k deposit, I told him that I would only back out if my order showed up with an issue that I felt would be costly and/or aggravating to deal with. And if that were to happen, I'd wait for another duplicate order to show up on that original deposit. He agreed, but everything went smooth so I didn't have to call him out on it.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I am picking up my Wrangler this morning. I will definitely take it for a ride before I cut the dealer a check. I gave them $1000 when I ordered it. If I had to walk away from the 1k , I would. I certainly expect no issues.
Brought that baby home ! Gotta get those plates switched.
IMG_0741.JPG

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
I would definitely put in in the purchase agreement that if it fails a test drive due to steering or other problems as well as paint or finish defects I have the option of walking away with all deposits being fully refunded.
Never again would I accept a vehicle that will have to be fixed, modified or refinished due to poor production.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
There was a member on here that ordered a Mojito Rubicon with Sky One Touch top. The top was screwy and some paint issues I believe. He refused it.

I refused a jeep on a dealer transfer once. I told them to check the vehicle over prior to the transfer. They claimed they do a 200 point inspection etc. Well it had multiple paint chips and the engine was rattling/shaking like crazy. They were pissed that I said no and wouldn't give me a ride back home....

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
When my dealer asked for a nonrefundable 1k deposit, I told him that I would only back out if my order showed up with an issue that I felt would be costly and/or aggravating to deal with. And if that were to happen, I'd wait for another duplicate order to show up on that original deposit. He agreed, but everything went smooth so I didn't have to call him out on it.
Nonrefundable deposit? Wow. My salesman told me they would refund my $1000 deposit if I didn’t like the way the Jeep drove. I told him my concerns about steering in the new Jeeps and I wouldn’t buy It with steering problems.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I would definitely put in in the purchase agreement that if it fails a test drive due to steering or other problems as well as paint or finish defects I have the option of walking away with all deposits being fully refunded.
Never again would I accept a vehicle that will have to be fixed, modified or refinished due to poor production.
That wise ! if I would of known mind was leaking coolant I would of walked couldn't see it do to it had rained earlier !

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Nonrefundable deposit? Wow. My salesman told me they would refund my $1000 deposit if I didn’t like the way the Jeep drove. I told him my concerns about steering in the new Jeeps and I wouldn’t buy It with steering problems.
That's what he said while we were at his desk. After we submitted my order, we stepped out for a cigarette while waiting for confirmation and the VON. That's when he pointed out a fully loaded hella yella Sahara with tan seats and soft top that another customer had him order, but they didn't like it when it showed up and they walked. Now the dealer was stuck with key lime pie in their dealer stock. Up to that point, they didn't require deposits.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Any dealer employee that gets angry with a customer because the customer has issues with accepting a vehicle with problems, is unprofessional as hell and I'd probably write a letter to the GM about it.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I was prepared to walk but when my ordered JLR showed up, it had no issues and hasn’t given me any problems since besides the weak ass door wiring harnesses that apparently have to be carefully plugged back in or the pins might bend.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
My dealership had me pay a $2,000 deposit on my order. If I refused the jeep when it arrived, which they told me I could do, they would keep the deposit until they sold the jeep. I felt that was pretty fair. Had no problems with the jeep at delivery though, so I never had to worry about it.

MojitoMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Silverado RST 2009 BMW 135i Convertible
I did. I had paint issues on the roll bar as you got into the vehicle. It came with the hard top on and was I was switching it to the soft top when I noticed it. I took it back and they reordered another one. They promised to make it right but in the end they weren't willing to do anything. When the new one came in and there wasn't I resolution other than they ordered another on I refused to buy it from them. I lost out on an entire summer and a lot of pre registered shows and trails that they didn't offer anything worth wild. I ended up going to another dealer and getting a better deal.

0804191552_HDR.jpg
Sponsored