Sponsored

Have all the JL problems been worked out for '21?

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Off topic, but a close tangent. I checked the fuses in my wife’s new Grand Cherokee, every one of them was loose. 😞
Sponsored

moniquehun

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Late to the party, but my 2018 Sahara JLU has been fantastic. Literally the ONLY things I have had done are the v41 steering stabilizer replacement recall and just last week I brought it in (while still under warranty) to address continued steering play (knowing there was a TSB for the steel steering box replacement). My local SA Jeep dealer replaced the steering box AND the stabilizer (again) AND performed an alignment, all at no charge. It literally drives like a different vehicle. I have loved it from the start, but now I am totally in love all over again. This vehicle simply rocks.
What did you notice your Jeep doing? Or you just got a recall notice..

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
What did you notice your Jeep doing? Or you just got a recall notice..
It wasn't crazy, but I continued to have ever-increasing play in the steering and a constant pull to the right, despite taking it separately to have it aligned (which did help a lot, but didn't eliminate the issue). Over uneven road it was very uncomfortable, as the wide play in the steering meant constant adjustments. That got really sporty in construction zones where you had a concrete barrier to one side and often a semi 3 ft away on the other and you're traversing lane shifts and really rough transitions. Also, a crosswind--even mild ones--meant constant adjustments, which was wearing. It's a brick--got it--but I should have been able to hold position with a simple pull into the wind. It was not like that, especially with higher winds or gusts especially. The upgrades have made such a positive difference.

And no, no recall (yet), but a solid TSB is out there that describes exactly what I was experiencing.

Glovetown

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
2021 sport S traction lights, service 4x4
Abs and cruise control unavailable.
4500km as I’m in Alberta. These lights
Come on and off. Service technician can’t duplicate so I sent pics and going back 4th time. Anyone have the same issue?

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
2021 sport S traction lights, service 4x4
Abs and cruise control unavailable.
4500km as I’m in Alberta. These lights
Come on and off. Service technician can’t duplicate so I sent pics and going back 4th time. Anyone have the same issue?
Yes, same issue last May. 2021 JLUR. Lights were off when I took in to be looked at. Tech found codes indicating right rear wheel speed sensor was bad. It took about a month for them to get the sensor and a couple hours to install it. So far problem seems fixed.

Sponsored

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
It wasn't crazy, but I continued to have ever-increasing play in the steering and a constant pull to the right, despite taking it separately to have it aligned (which did help a lot, but didn't eliminate the issue). Over uneven road it was very uncomfortable, as the wide play in the steering meant constant adjustments. That got really sporty in construction zones where you had a concrete barrier to one side and often a semi 3 ft away on the other and you're traversing lane shifts and really rough transitions. Also, a crosswind--even mild ones--meant constant adjustments, which was wearing. It's a brick--got it--but I should have been able to hold position with a simple pull into the wind. It was not like that, especially with higher winds or gusts especially. The upgrades have made such a positive difference.

And no, no recall (yet), but a solid TSB is out there that describes exactly what I was experiencing.
Where can the TSB be found for this?

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Had my 19 JL w/18K miles with one issue (AC condenser) that was promptly fixed under warranty. No other issues. My 21 4xe has been trouble free but only 1K miles.

Ironically our 19 Honda was a nightmare of recalls and problems and I couldn’t wait to sell it.
My wife and I sold our 2019 Honda Passport, nice ride, but some serious safety issues. Like you, I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Thanks for the detail explanation, Matt. I just picked our 21 Sahara up yesterday and drove all day with trying to keep the Jeep centered....WEARING is the right word for explaining this. When passing Trucks it was really difficult keeping her in the lane, it doesn't pull, it drifts
like the old 1950 trucks did. It feels like there is 2 to 3 inches of play in the
steering. It's pretty scary at times for this old man. Again, thank you so very much for the info!

Sponsored

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My wife and I sold our 2019 Honda Passport, nice ride, but some serious safety issues. Like you, I couldn't wait to get rid of it.
What, Honda, the Darling of Consumer MisReports, had PROBLEMS ??
My 2018 2 Dr Sport, 2.0T etorque, has had Zero Issues,
DD, 32,000 miles, snowy Central NY.
Sponsored