Sponsored

Have all the JL problems been worked out for '21?

2500 hd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR.
Well, my Jeep was built at the height of the pandemic - Jan/2021 - where the country and mid-west states were breaking all records on cases, hospitalizations and deaths.

So far so good. No issues that I could not sort myself (loose fuses and one ground wire, loose ball-joints, a spongy brake pedal).
Well, my Jeep was built at the height of the pandemic - Jan/2021 - where the country and mid-west states were breaking all records on cases, hospitalizations and deaths.

So far so good. No issues that I could not sort myself (loose fuses and one ground wire, loose ball-joints, a spongy brake pedal).
Mine was built 1/21 also, so far its doing great...
Sponsored

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR , 2017 Ram 2500, 1990 YJ
This is an interesting topic. With a new model there will always be issues in the first few years. For the most part it seems they've gotten the major ones 'Fixed', but there will always be something. Sold a $85k 392 and the switch for the Sky One Touch top wasn't installed all the way. Took less than 10 seconds to fix, but it rolled off the truck that way. Stellantis/Chrysler/Fiat whatever you want to call it, QC is terrible.

With all of that being said, all of our Grand Wagoneer models will be shipped to 'Storage' to have their own 'Premium' QC done. They do this because the the new Grand Wagoneer's are for "Premium Customers" and deserve "Premium" everything. Snacks, loaners, delivery, yadayadayada.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the camp of the Lucky ones, my 2018 JLUS is coming up on 50k miles and aside from a few small recalls all has been well, lots of my electrical bugs went away when I upgraded my battery system.

I am amazed that some of you with 2021ā€™s are having some bad issues and thatā€™s a real shame as I would have thought FCA would have corrected a lot of these problems, my son has a 2010 JK Rubi that has 80k miles on it and itā€™s been perfect outside of normal wear & tear maint items.

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

15K now on my JLUR, no reliability problems. Other stuff....
* no-clutch 4L start does not actually work as described in OM
* steering dampener replaced (by recall) during first year
* coolant tank cap blew off about 1 mile up the old Ridge Route...the day after local dealer topped up the fluid... (story ended w/o damage).

Am now waiting for RH4x4 belly pan system to ship. In the process of deciding I discovered that the transmission "skid" was missing, as delivered new FROM THE SALES DEALER... I had wondered why the stock "skid plates" seemed so skimpy...

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
that's just about a perfect answer.

so far, mine only made it ~4K miles before the HPFP ate itself taking out the rest of the fuel system. while i know Caca Pasa, and this pump is getting a reputation for failing closer to the end of the warranty, i find it amazing that there isn't a design change that will at least prevent its failure from taking out so many more parts. (kits exist on the aftermarket for this problem on this pump with other applications, so we know it's possible.)

what really sucks is the absurd delay for parts; it's been weeks already, and i still can't even get an ETA for when i'll get an ETA on a couple of fuel lines and a Fuel Pump/Level Unit Module Kitā€Ø. Backorder dates are said to be out to December!
@JeepCares has been very polite, but i haven't seen any results yet.

Without being a sarcastic ass, the answer is yes, no, and they have creatively come up with new problems as well.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep implemented its quality controls 80 years ago.

But if your JL gets built when quality controlā€˜s flashlight runs out of batteries you are SOL.

Jeep Wrangler JL Have all the JL problems been worked out for '21? 1625511391995

Last edited:

moniquehun

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Having lived with my '18 2dr JL for almost three years I've been though all the issues the community had with the first year run of JL's - failed track bar, drag link, steering box, limited slip axle, electrical glitches, etc. How are the new '21s? Are all the previous issues fixed? GF is considering one and woud hate to see her have the problems I had.
Having lived with my '18 2dr JL for almost three years I've been though all the issues the community had with the first year run of JL's - failed track bar, drag link, steering box, limited slip axle, electrical glitches, etc. How are the new '21s? Are all the previous issues fixed? GF is considering one and woud hate to see her have the problems I had.
2020 JL Battery replaced, start stop feature malfunction wind shield, oh but I just Love my firecracker red jewel and would not trade( him).

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Late to the party, but my 2018 Sahara JLU has been fantastic. Literally the ONLY things I have had done are the v41 steering stabilizer replacement recall and just last week I brought it in (while still under warranty) to address continued steering play (knowing there was a TSB for the steel steering box replacement). My local SA Jeep dealer replaced the steering box AND the stabilizer (again) AND performed an alignment, all at no charge. It literally drives like a different vehicle. I have loved it from the start, but now I am totally in love all over again. This vehicle simply rocks.

Firstthirteen

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon

Sponsored

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
i have a '21 that I have had since October of 2020. I have had zero issues with it. I couldnt be happier with it

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
My 2020 3.6L is generally fine except for my disdain of the ESS battery implementation. Once in a while my proximity locks donā€™t like to work but thatā€™s really it so far. I was also among those that had zero (and I do mean zero) steering issues with the aluminum box.

I would guess that the 2021ā€™s (4 years into the cycle) have most things resolved and are likely ā€˜more stableā€™ than your 2018. There is, of course, the issue of a chip scarcity right now. And, knowing Jeep, they will source a few hundred thousand from Wangā€™s Chip Supply in Kokomo. Iā€™m sure that they will work just fine.
When did Wangā€™s open a place in Indiana? Man, you take a brief pandemic check-out, and all the cards get reshuffled!

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Just under 3 months in, and 2,700 miles with my ā€˜21 Unlimited Sport S with no problems at all. But itā€™s good to know what to watch for in the future. Love my Wrangler.

Mutlkey53

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL, purchased new in April 2021
Purchased new in April 2021. Two fail-to-start problems in May and June where the dash lights up but no starter motor. Eventually had to drive it the 400kms back to Wellington dealer where they found "Fault Code Starter control 2 circuit" as well as "found loose connection in stop start relay." Effing annoying and costly in time and travel/accommodation. Hoping nuttin else fouls up.

Firstthirteen

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Sponsored