Sponsored

Have a Wrangler color that's a disappointment in real life compared to photos?

TiggerKat71

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
I was all in on the Hydro Blue (blue being my favorite color).

The dealership had three two door Rubicons to choose from: Sting Gray, Hydro Blue, and Bright White. I didn't even consider white, and I've done gray enough, so I was pretty confident in what my choice would be before arriving to see in person.

When I pulled into the dealership the white one was on their mock rock wall display dealio-thingy. It was all torqued out at an angle pointed at the sky... looked cool. The blue and gray were parked just in front of the displayed white rocket.

I honestly have to say the gray looked good when I walked past completely focused on Mr. Blue. That blue just looked really nice!

Too bad the red dash was just too off putting of a contrast in colors for me to look past first impression. Would have been perfect with a color matched dash panel. First thought *Superman*. I'm not against Superman, but I just wasn't feeling it.

I give gray a glance...

Reluctantly, I walked around to the rocket. The way it was tilted I could get a good look at all the colors together...

I have a white JL sitting in my garage.
I love my hydro blue Jeep, it is my favorite color too. I get compliments on the color all the time
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hogdreamer

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I had the complete opposite experience with my Bikini Pearlcoat (am assuming the name comes from the color of the water around the Bikini Islands). The color in photographs intrigued me, and when I saw it in person it blew me away… it’s a gorgeous multidimensional metallic teal which depending on the light condition ranges from a bright medium blue, to greenish blue, to bluish green. I would not trade it for any other color. And I get lots of comments, surprisingly, from guys who have on many occasions gone out of their way to tell me they love the color.
I liked Bikini when I first saw it and would have been my choice if it had been available when I was finally ready to purchase my Wrangler.

Never really understood where the name came from until your post but then I researched the Bikini Islands and am glad I didn't order Bikini after all.

Why? Guess it is because I don't have the proper attire for Bikini Island per my website search.
Clothing and dress
Men traditionally wore a fringed skirt about 25 to 30 inches long. Women wore two mats about a yard square each, made by weaving pandanus and hibiscus leaves together and belted around the waist.

Just kidding of course, I'd own a Bikini colored Wrangler even if I wasn't wearing a skirt. I don't know if the color is specific to certain parts of the country or even world but I havn't seen too many in my travels.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
But in all honesty, Granite Crystal Metallic is the best color!!! It's cool, it's sophiscated, it look classy and it is sexy as heck.
If your color can be displayed on a 1950s black and white television. Then it's not really a color.

People: What color is your Jeep?
KenPewPew: (proudly) I drive a Granite Crystal Metallic
People: So it's grey
KenPewPew: ....... It's a very sexy color!
People: Grey is boring. It looks like every other SUV on the road. Honestly, how many different greys do they have now?
KenPewPew: ........ A few......

(just kidding)

Neen_Spell

First Name
Neenah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler UL Willys
Occupation
ReTired
I liked Bikini when I first saw it and would have been my choice if it had been available when I was finally ready to purchase my Wrangler.

Never really understood where the name came from until your post but then I researched the Bikini Islands and am glad I didn't order Bikini after all.

Why? Guess it is because I don't have the proper attire for Bikini Island per my website search.
Clothing and dress
Men traditionally wore a fringed skirt about 25 to 30 inches long. Women wore two mats about a yard square each, made by weaving pandanus and hibiscus leaves together and belted around the waist.

Just kidding of course, I'd own a Bikini colored Wrangler even if I wasn't wearing a skirt. I don't know if the color is specific to certain parts of the country or even world but I haven't seen too many in my travels.
The color was not offered for very long and this may have had to do with when Stellantis was taking over. I did notice when it was an option, they kept changing if a particular build offered it or not. I am actually glad this happened as it lead me to the Willys when i originally was going to get a Sport S.

Last edited:

Neen_Spell

First Name
Neenah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler UL Willys
Occupation
ReTired
Tuscadero wasn't the 'neon pink/magenta' color that the initial renders made it look like, but I like the real world color even better. Sometimes there is more purple, sometimes more pink. But it always looks good.

A7300006-4.jpg

A7300020.jpg
That's one of the reasons i love my Bikini Pearlcoat (metallic teal)... the changeable nature of the color depending on the light conditions.

Sponsored

kelly4812

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude snazzberry
I found it interesting that when I was planning to buy my Snazzberry JLU back in Oct/Nov 2020 the color was better represented online and closely matched what I received. It was later in 2021 when I'd be checking the Jeep site that I discovered that the color represented was way off of what color actually is. I'm thrilled with my Snazzberry, it's such an amazing color, like a deep wine color. What's neat is it's brighter in daylight but deeper and richer looking at night. It's a unique color that changes with the lighting

20210925_121542.jpg

Resized_20201228_195921_329099850342009.jpeg
That’s what I love about my Snazzberry! It’s different in all lights and time of day! I’ve had whites and reds and grey and this is my favorite

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
My wife wanted the snazzberry because it matched one of the colors on our camper.

IMG_20210501_120432619_HDR.jpg
Betcha a sign shop could fix that right up! Just a little color matching vinyl pattern, and you could match the whole rig!

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Normally I am a huge fan of black vehicles and all my previous rides have been black. However, when it comes to the JL, for some reason black is the worst color, both in person and in photos, in my personal opinion. And I’m really not trying to hate, I love black vehicles.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Don't hate me, but I HATE black on a Wrangler...

I wanted Chief, but it was discontinued right before I ordered, so I went back and forth between Snazzberry and Hydro.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Actually White is known to be a defective color.
Well according to the Jeep order form white is the starting color, every other color costs extra. Not sure about other makes, but from all the other orders we've done Black was also a no cost color.

Nothing wrong w/ saving $250 bucks, so white gets a bit more love in this regard, at least from this tightwad :)

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Well according to the Jeep order form white is the starting color, every other color costs extra. Not sure about other makes, but from all the other orders we've done Black was also a no cost color.

Nothing wrong w/ saving $250 bucks, so white gets a bit more love in this regard, at least from this tightwad :)
I thought I remembered only metallic colors were added cost colors at one point? Then they started with the up-charge for everything. Everything except white. They eventually got me for a up-charge on the white though. I bought the matte black grill and a bunch of other options. :CWL:

Cyber_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR

That’s why I ordered white. I wasn’t in love with any of the other colors and didn’t want to spend an extra $500 for a color I didn’t love. Also, other colors would be harder to keep clean and show scratches more easily. So white is kind of a win/win for me.

srcooke

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 80th Anniversary
Betcha a sign shop could fix that right up! Just a little color matching vinyl pattern, and you could match the whole rig!
It might look cool when towing it down the road but by itself it might be a little strange looking.

nenovster

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Today, I saw this yellow or mustard or beige whateveryouwannacallit color and wandered who saw it on the dealer's lot and just had to have it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Have a Wrangler color that's a disappointment in real life compared to photos? images

Mine is white 2013 JK. Sport. I always thought white was stupid color for a car - so plain, no imagination, fleet-vehicle looking. I do love my Jeep's color though - it makes all the black accents pop. I've converted.