Sponsored

Have a Wrangler color that's a disappointment in real life compared to photos?

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I have a snazzberrry Wrangler and while I have no regret ordering this color, I have read others who didn't care for it once the saw it in real life compared to photos or on the Jeep website.

I was wondering if there are colors on the Wranglers that some love when seeing a photo but aren't overly impressed if it's sitting right in front of them.

Color preference is highly subjective to individual tastes which is great, otherwise we'd all be driving the same color vehicle which would be very boring.

Some colors I just plain don't care much for both in photos or driving by me on the road and that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is seeing a color in photo and going WOW, that's sharp, but seeing that same color on the street (or off-road) and going Nah, not for me.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I have a snazzberrry Wrangler and while I have no regret ordering this color, I have read others who didn't care for it once the saw it in real life compared to photos or on the Jeep website.

I was wondering if there are colors on the Wranglers that some love when seeing a photo but aren't overly impressed if it's sitting right in front of them.
I'm one of the folks that commented on the bipolar nature of Snazzberry. In the sun, it pops gorgeously. When it's overcast (something PA residents are quite familiar with), it goes blah in almost equal measure. Subjective, perhaps, but it's right there to observe.

My salesman offered me a decent discount -- remember them? -- on a black JLU that was a customer refusal. Having owned black vehicles, and remembering how nice they can look when clean, I was left a bit unimpressed with the finish on that new Wrangler. It just didn't have the presence I was expecting (again, subjective.)

As Ocean Blue wasn't available when I eventually decided to order my own JLU, and having zero interest in the 27 silvers and grays on offer, I selected Firecracker Red. This one is a settled color, IMO; it's a decent and brightish red that looks nice no matter the lighting. That's all I really wanted, so here we are.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I originally thought Mojito was very ugly as I only saw pictures on the internet. When I happened to see one on the dealers lot, I was blown away at how much better it looked in person.

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited

Color preference is highly subjective to individual tastes which is great, otherwise we'd all be driving the same color vehicle which would be very boring.

Some colors I just plain don't care much for both in photos or driving by me on the road and that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is seeing a color in photo and going WOW, that's sharp, but seeing that same color on the street (or off-road) and going Nah, not for me.
I found it interesting that when I was planning to buy my Snazzberry JLU back in Oct/Nov 2020 the color was better represented online and closely matched what I received. It was later in 2021 when I'd be checking the Jeep site that I discovered that the color represented was way off of what color actually is. I'm thrilled with my Snazzberry, it's such an amazing color, like a deep wine color. What's neat is it's brighter in daylight but deeper and richer looking at night. It's a unique color that changes with the lighting

Jeep Wrangler JL Have a Wrangler color that's a disappointment in real life compared to photos? 20210925_121542

Resized_20201228_195921_329099850342009.jpeg

Last edited:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I ordered black. It's just too dark.
The Crystal Black on my GC is stunning with different background colors with lighting, angles etc. I would have ordered it instead of Hydro if it was offered on Wranglers!

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
I'm one of the folks that commented on the bipolar nature of Snazzberry. In the sun, it pops gorgeously. When it's overcast (something PA residents are quite familiar with), it goes blah in almost equal measure. Subjective, perhaps, but it's right there to observe.

My salesman offered me a decent discount -- remember them? -- on a black JLU that was a customer refusal. Having owned black vehicles, and remembering how nice they can look when clean, I was left a bit unimpressed with the finish on that new Wrangler. It just didn't have the presence I was expecting (again, subjective.)

As Ocean Blue wasn't available when I eventually decided to order my own JLU, and having zero interest in the 27 silvers and grays on offer, I selected Firecracker Red. This one is a settled color, IMO; it's a decent and brightish red that looks nice no matter the lighting. That's all I really wanted, so here we are.
Ocean Blue is such a stunning color. It'd be nice if they offered it again!

Last edited:

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
The Crystal Black on my GC is stunning with different background colors with lighting, angles etc. I would have ordered it instead of Hydro if it was offered on Wranglers!
My current JLR is my third black Wrangler...I should have known it was going to be dark.

Deleted member 59498

I originally thought Mojito was very ugly as I only saw pictures on the internet. When I happened to see one on the dealers lot, I was blown away at how much better it looked in person.

I seen a decked out Mojito JT Rubicon when I was ordering on the showroom floor. I never cared for the color in pictures but seeing it right there in person it was very impressive with the trim.

It was gone in a day or two!

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
100% - my wife’s Grand Cherokee High Altitude is Velvet Red Pearl (same color as Snazzberry) and when it’s clean & in the sun - looks great, but dirty or cloudy and it just looks dark maroon. It has the 20” granite crystal wheels and granite crystal accents, but I think gloss black would make the color pop a little more.

Our ‘22 Sahara Altitude (when it gets here) is Sting-gray with gloss black wheels and trim. I wasn’t sold on it in photos, but in person I think it looks great.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
My current JLR is my third black Wrangler...I should have known it was going to be dark.
They are always offering different shades of gray/silver, even greens, reds and yellows, so why not Crystal Black instead of just black black?
Sponsored