Sponsored

Have 25% of all JL orders really been for Tuscadero?

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Jeep’s press release today says that it has received 30,000 orders for Tuscadero. If true, that would account for 25% of Wrangler production for the past 4-5 months.

I love Tuscadero, and think it will go down as an iconic Wrangler color.

But I am extremely skeptical that it will account for 1/4 of Wranglers built over five months.

So what do we think is going on here? Did an intern write 30,000 when they meant to write 3,000 (2.5% of production)? Is Tuscadero the new silver, accounting for a legit 25% of orders? I’d love to hear people’s theories.
Sponsored

Kansas JL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon ( sold). 2022 392 XR Tuscadero
I don’t believe this data either. We have Tuscadero on order. Excited to get it! But I have been watching all the post your vin and order date vs delivery date threads and only a few folks have ordered Tuscadero. Based on 30k orders taken every single one of us on here would have had order Tuscadero! Just seems way off!

Kansas JL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon ( sold). 2022 392 XR Tuscadero
not saying every order taken for a Jeep is on this forum but if you use this forum as a decent sample size for order taking, 30k is way off!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Someone must have placed the comma in the wrong place: 3,000 would be more like it.

OP
OP
John VonJeep

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
not saying every order taken for a Jeep is on this forum but if you use this forum as a decent sample size for order taking, 30k is way off!
If anything, this forum is probably slightly more likely to order Tuscadero than the general public.

Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I found that 25% number to be a big surprise when I read it. I saw a Tuscadero JLU at our local dealership, and I thought to myself, "self, that color is pretty much sales proof". My wife agreed with me. So I was definitely surprised to hear they are selling by far more of that color, than any other color.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
We ordered early August when it first became available and when we picked ours up in November it was one of 3 Wranglers delivered that day.... All Hot Pink !
With the orders still out there considering our order was placed on opening weekend before it was actually announced outside this forum and took 3 months to get ours I can certainly see many, many on order. 30,000 might sound a bit high, but 3,000 is crazy low considering.
Remember, this is a very hot and unique color
Simply look at all the excitement over the new silver and return of gobi soon which are just plain gray and brown and people love those so having something unique should definitely be worth a bit more interest.
But as far as dealers actually ordering something "interesting" for stock to bump this up to 30k ? - doubtful at best. 95% of all dealer stock orders are placed on the corner of "Plain" and "Jane" boulevard so thats not it.
And getting 30k in custom "sold orders" is unlikely as the majority of dealers are much too stupid to even know they can do such a thing as ours was placed at the 5th dealership and the only one we wouldn't have had to hold their hand to get it done.
You have a very, very interesting question concerning the 30,000 pink jeeps claim, I'd love to see how this one comes out - either way - awesome color !

Deleted member 59498

I don't know if they would out right lie about it. I think people rushed for it before it was going to be discontinued.

Sounds reasonable to me that a 1/4 would go to the rare color like that. Not my cup of coffee but people do tend to love it.

OP
OP
John VonJeep

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I found that 25% number to be a big surprise when I read it. I saw a Tuscadero JLU at our local dealership, and I thought to myself, "self, that color is pretty much sales proof". My wife agreed with me. So I was definitely surprised to hear they are selling by far more of that color, than any other color.
The haters were very wrong about Tuscadero.

Gossamer

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, Tesla M3P
I believe it's true. 30,000 ORDERED, not built. It'll take another 3 months or so to fulfill all orders. So that's around 12%. The thing is, will tuscadero ever be offered again? It's been 10 years since fuchsia was offered on the challenger and it hasn't been back. If someone wants it, it's now or (likely) never.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
If anything, this forum is probably slightly more likely to order Tuscadero than the general public.
Very true. It's always tricky trying to use an internet forum as representative of the general population, even if it's a large forum. It's not like a random survey just getting sent out to everyone. Forums tend to attract a certain type of person, usually those who care a bit more about whatever product.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I agree 3000 is more realistic. I just did an inventory search and there are only 5 Tuscaderos within a 250 mile radius. And I'm in the Mid-Atlantic. Searching cars.com there are only 28 listed in the whole country. Think about 30k. If you were to divide that equally between all 52 states that would be 576 per state.

Since release I've only seen two Tuscaderos the road and have yet to see a single one on dealer lots anywhere around here. Take Gecko. A small local dealer had five at one time on their lot a few weeks ago. And I have seen several on the road just in the last month.
Sponsored