Sponsored

Hauk Snorkel

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Has anyone heard how much longer it'll be until Hauk releases their snorkel? I have tried reaching out on their facebook page but they don't generally reply. I'm really wanting that one or the Rugged Snorkel they showed at SEMA, but seeing that Hauk is already on most jeep accessory websites, I'm sure they'll be our first.
Sponsored

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Give them a call they are very friendly I’ve called them a lot lately waiting on my dang bumper! For the last month it’s suppose to have been shipping. Hopefully this week fingers crossed.

OP
OP

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Since I've posted this, I've talked to someone on another JL group that had the snorkel and replaced it. They said the quality isn't there and it was filling with water, definitely not good. So I decided I'm going to wait for the Rugged Ridge one that was shown in SEMA.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
Since I've posted this, I've talked to someone on another JL group that had the snorkel and replaced it. They said the quality isn't there and it was filling with water, definitely not good. So I decided I'm going to wait for the Rugged Ridge one that was shown in SEMA.
I hope the front bumper is good as long as I’ve been waiting.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I ran Hauk on my JK and will at some point on my JL. Probably one of the best on the market. If you plan on forging water that is deeper than the top of your hood than you will need something else. One of the few kits that includes a sealed filter box and doesn’t use the OEM box and side exit scoop.

If who ever you talked to is getting water in their snorkel either they don’t have it water tight or forging water at a level over their hood.

F31DB388-1F46-43F3-9F02-78E3F07A142D.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I wouldn’t let one bad experience railroad your plans - if you did especially in this forum you would have never bought a JL
Very true story lol

But at this point I'm cautious and won't buy until I hear some good reviews as well.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Very true story lol

But at this point I'm cautious and won't buy until I hear some good reviews as well.
Here are the install instructions I am not sure how the hood would mash the intake down when it’s a metal box. Seems pretty straight forward and the interference area at the hood is trimmed. This is on my short list when I am ready to pull the trigger. Performed well on my JK.

Attachments

Sponsored

schneesb

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this install for my JLU which has been modded with the Genesis dual battery kit. Anybody else out there done likewise and if so interested in hearing your thoughts regarding fitment or any adjustments needed to make the Hauk snorkel install a success.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this install for my JLU which has been modded with the Genesis dual battery kit. Anybody else out there done likewise and if so interested in hearing your thoughts regarding fitment or any adjustments needed to make the Hauk snorkel install a success.
Did you do the install with your dual battery setup? I’ve been thinking about this snorkel as well since ARB says that the cowl aux mount can’t fit between the snorkel and the cowl area.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Did you do the install with your dual battery setup? I’ve been thinking about this snorkel as well since ARB says that the cowl aux mount can’t fit between the snorkel and the cowl area.
Did you? I already have the dual battery kit and I have a KC pro 6 light bar so I think this snorkel may be my only option outside of custom fabrication.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Did you? I already have the dual battery kit and I have a KC pro 6 light bar so I think this snorkel may be my only option outside of custom fabrication.
I haven't jumped at the snorkel yet. One, I don't do water crossing out here in Hawaii, and second, I decided upgrading from the portable air compressor that I've had for about a year now was more important. The 35"s my Jeep has take about 30-40 mins to fill all 4 from 15-20 psi to 35 psi. Going with the ARB dual air compressor with MORE mount.
Otherwise, still debating about air systems. My parts guy was telling me to go with a CAI with a water repellent sleeve but I'm really considering the Hauk Off-road one. If anything with the dual battery system I'll have to make a slight adjustment since I don't want to take of of the bolts out, or get a screw/bolt that doesn't still out as much to allow the air tube over the battery. Still have some electrical I need done prior to all of this though.
Sponsored