Hauk OffRoad out of business?

Skyvet

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
I have been trying to get a hold of Hauk for almost 10 days now. I had a technical question for them in regards to a snorkel plus a warranty issue. I notice that most of their website no longer works, every voicemail mailbox is full (with the exception of accounting---left message there and was never returned), phones go unanswered during business hours, emails and any voice messages you do leave (when a mailbox has room?) are never returned. Did they go out of business?
Sponsored

RZ.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 Sport S
Occupation
Blueprints & Tarot
Just a cursory search on a slow Friday afternoon ... looks like they're still in business as far as the state is concerned:

Jeep Wrangler JL Hauk OffRoad out of business? Screenshot 2022-07-15 133914

Jeep Wrangler JL Hauk OffRoad out of business? Screenshot 2022-07-15 133942

OP
OP
Skyvet

Skyvet

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Thanks for checking. If anyone has any luck reaching them, please let me know. Would hate to see another casualty of COVID go under, especially one that made decent products

Reactions: RZ.
OP
OP
Skyvet

Skyvet

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
So I now see they have posted this on their website-----"PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT DUE TO GLOBAL SUPPLY SHORTAGES, SOME ORDERS MAY BE DELAYED AS WE EXPERIENCE SHORTAGES IN THE SUPPLIES USED TO BUILD OUR PRODUCTS SUCH AS POWDER COLORS, LIGHTS, WELDING MATERIALS, ETC. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO GET THE PRODUCTS OUT AS QUICKLY AS WE CAN. UNTIL WE ARE CAUGHT UP ON EXISTING ORDERS, WE WILL NOT BE TAKING NEW ORDERS. AS SOON AS WE ARE CAUGHT UP, WE WILL THEN TURN ON THE CATAGORIES AND START TAKING NEW ORDERS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING DURING THESE TIMES."

The problem comes that they shipped me the wrong part and they now are not responding to any emails and all VM is full so no way to return the incorrect part and either get a refund or a replacement. Now down to having to dispute a charge of over $700 on my CC.

It doesn't make sense that they aren't even displaying their items on their website anymore.

The company's behavior seems similar to what company's do just before they file bankruptcy.
You might try to contact them if you have a pending order (if they respond) and maybe consider cancelling your order before they go under and you lose your money (if you did not pay by CC as you are usually protected with a CC)

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So I now see they have posted this on their website-----"PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT DUE TO GLOBAL SUPPLY SHORTAGES, SOME ORDERS MAY BE DELAYED AS WE EXPERIENCE SHORTAGES IN THE SUPPLIES USED TO BUILD OUR PRODUCTS SUCH AS POWDER COLORS, LIGHTS, WELDING MATERIALS, ETC. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO GET THE PRODUCTS OUT AS QUICKLY AS WE CAN. UNTIL WE ARE CAUGHT UP ON EXISTING ORDERS, WE WILL NOT BE TAKING NEW ORDERS. AS SOON AS WE ARE CAUGHT UP, WE WILL THEN TURN ON THE CATAGORIES AND START TAKING NEW ORDERS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING DURING THESE TIMES."

The problem comes that they shipped me the wrong part and they now are not responding to any emails and all VM is full so no way to return the incorrect part and either get a refund or a replacement. Now down to having to dispute a charge of over $700 on my CC.

It doesn't make sense that they aren't even displaying their items on their website anymore.

The company's behavior seems similar to what company's do just before they file bankruptcy.
You might try to contact them if you have a pending order (if they respond) and maybe consider cancelling your order before they go under and you lose your money (if you did not pay by CC as you are usually protected with a CC)
Dispute the charge with your credit card company as not receiving the item you purchased. When they get the reversal, they’ll contact you to fix it so they get paid. If not, you’ve got your money back and you can order again when they’re caught up and able to fulfill your order.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Skyvet

Skyvet

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Dispute the charge with your credit card company as not receiving the item you purchased. When they get the reversal, they’ll contact you to fix it so they get paid. If not, you’ve got your money back and you can order again when they’re caught up and able to fulfill your order.
Hopefully they will still be in business when that happens. That being said, I sincerely doubt they are trying to screw anybody. They make a good product just have questionable business practices.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hopefully they will still be in business when that happens. That being said, I sincerely doubt they are trying to screw anybody. They make a good product just have questionable business practices.
I’m not saying they’re trying to screw you. But they’ve got your money for a part that’s not the right part and you’re unable to contact them, and they possibly don’t have the right part that you need even if they answered your communication. I just suggested a solution to limit your risk in the event that they close up shop and leave you out in the cold, or take forever to be in a position to get you the right part.

Good luck getting it resolved.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Funny, maybe a year ago I signed up to be notified when Hauk's limb risers were back in stock on Extreme Terrain. Completely forgot about it. Last week I got a notification from ET basically saying they were never going to be back in stock.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
You may want to try a social media post. I've found twitter to be pretty effective at getting even huge companies to act.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
On a positive note, I just went to Hauk's website and it looks like they are having a bankruptcy sale. They have dramatically slashed the price of the limb risers from $83.50 to $82.99.
Sponsored