Sponsored

Has your dealer or Jeep Corporate follow up after taking delivery?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I've received a number of communications from my dealership (personal phone calls, emails and text messages). Not to the point of being annoying (at least not for me), just making sure everything is going well.

I suppose it might matter if you buy from an "average" Jeep dealership or one of the high-volume dealerships that sells them at 5-10% under invoice. I'm sure I could have saved a few bucks by going elsewhere to a dealership several miles away, but I like going to the dealership that is a few blocks from my house and the treatment I get there.
Sponsored

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
I know what you're saying. We went there 1 time a few years ago and would never go back! After the sales guy said hello it went down hill from there. I did get an email from FCA & the dealer but my wife got nothing on her Cherokee.
Glad I'm not the only one! It was such a high pressure approach - I'm mad at myself for buying my Jeep from them but they had what I wanted on the lot......

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Last week I got free touch up paint. I bought mine 6 months ago. I got a lot more when I bought my Grand Cherokee Overland. I was expecting similar treatment ( leather keyring, etc) when I got my Rubicon. Oh well...
Oh and the recall notice for that weld...
We picked up our Jeep three months ago. We recently received a free touch-up paint.

Roubaix19

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 Wrangler Sahara 4-dr.
We picked up our Jeep three months ago. We recently received a free touch-up paint.
My Sister purchased a "pacifica" from my jeep dealer & received a nice fruit basket. Me, nothing :(

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Got a package from them, booklet stickers, and a form to fill out to get a key chain, this is Canada so they are a bit cheaper, heard others in the US got this stuff before, this is my 5th Wrangler and it's the only time I got this package
IMG_20190624_213710.jpg

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't heard a word which is surprising since every other salesman has called me after car purchases even if only to mention surveys that are usually sent.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i got a couple of e-mails from the dealership and a call from the salesperson. in the 30 day period of owning the jeep. 2 months later, i got a strange third party survey guy calling to see if i got a jeep at the dealership. i hung up on the guy because it sounded suspicious.

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
The sales manager called me at home because I rated the Jeep dealership low. Other than that, there's been no communication.

Hunter

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I received a call from my salesman about s month after delivery.
Also received an email survey from FCA
Same here. Salesman called to see if everything was OK a few days after delivery. He also emailed again about month after delivery. I got one or two surveys from FCA and/or third party asking about buying experience and if I would recommend dealer. I also got a QC-Customer satisfaction survey from a third party.

I get follow up surveys from the dealer or third party after service calls also.

Ocassionally with other brands I get some kind of reliability or customer satisfaction survey from third party a year or so after taking delivery.

Last edited:

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Nothing from my dealership. It doesn't surprise me, it was the most unorganized chaotic experience I've had at a dealership.
It was a very long day, to say the least.

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I got mine in mid 2018. No contact until last week when they tried to sell me another Jeep.

Coastie6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 2-Door
In 5 1/2 months had a text and phone call from the guy at the dealership who did the demo and delivery orientation (this wasn't the internet sales person we ordered from). Received a survey from the dealership and two surveys from FCA. Also got a packet from FCA with a tube of touch-up paint and coupons for discounts on service and accessory purchases. Thought the packet with the paint was a nice touch.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Good question!

Actually a thing that baffles me, and not just in regard to Jeep.

I purchased 3 Jeeps so far – actually, the third one (JLR) arrived at my dealer weeks ago, but can’t get to it due to the current C19 measures down here – and received only surveys so far….asking about my order experience… Did I get a coffee/drink offered, how did I like the dealer interior, how I experienced the whole ordering process, whether the salesperson made enough time for me, etc…

As if Jeep cares more about your order process, than what you as a customer actually think of the product. I’d expect a manufacturer who cares, to send out a questionnaire on at least an annual basis, ask the customer about the good, and the bad, get a feel of the customer experiences with the product, but nope, no such thing with Jeep that I’m aware of. I dropped roughly a €125k so far at the dealership, and am only asked whether I got a drink offered, and whether I enjoyed my order experience :facepalm:

Sure, I know Jeep will get feedback via other channels – Jeep gatherings, forums like these, etc – but not all buyers do frequent forums, or join such Jeep events.

DWJL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unltd
My salesman got fired, the only way I know is because it took them over a month to return my previous lease, so no contact.
I did get a survey from Jeep, which I ignored, but recently completed a very thorough survey (took about a 1/2 hour) from a 3rd party

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
I had such a horrible experience with Puyallup Larson Dodge during my 2019 Rubicon purchase , the only time I heard from them was after I left them a bad online review.
Sponsored