OP

shoebabe3

First Name
Shoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ & 2020 JLUR
Nope, it was a dry straight road. I put my foot on the gas and it felt like it was going to stall and revved and so I let my foot of the gas at that point and I guess went to first gear. If it's a known issue, I wanted to bring it up when I drop it off on Wed.
Sponsored

OP
OP

shoebabe3

First Name
Shoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ & 2020 JLUR
If I try duplicating this issue am I going to damage anything? I'm basically trying to pass someone when I'm going between 20 and 30.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
How high did the tachometer go? They have rev limiters that could have kicked in if it downshifted to first
That, and the traction control related nannies probably kicked in and cut the throttle.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Never had it happen in my Jeep, but I have in another vehicle. My experience seemed like it was traction control, or maybe the previously mentioned rev limit causing it. My engine revved, but the computer limited/eliminated power to the tires so all I got was noise with no response. I let off the gas and immediately pressed it again. The transmission shifted and I got power to the tires.

I'm assuming this is a traction control or power control setting. Likely intended to either keep you from losing traction, or to prevent transmission damage from a downshift into a high rpm range.
Just a guess though, but it sounds like it's working properly to me. Doesn't hurt to ask the dealership about it while your there, but keep in mind in order for them to try to replicate the issue, they'll be driving like they stole it (cruise, smash the gas, repeat).

Sponsored

OP
OP

shoebabe3

First Name
Shoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ & 2020 JLUR
Shots, great point. Lol thx

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Any chance that you accidentally put the shifter in manual mode when that happened?

OP
OP

shoebabe3

First Name
Shoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ & 2020 JLUR
I guess I punched it like you would when you are going to pass someone on a one lane road and then you see a car coming at you but you know you still have enough time to complete the pass. Not a good time for the engine rev and drop out of a passing gear.

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wow! Grabbing at straws?! Guessing?! Just plain full of crap, mostly. Forums are full of people that make it up to feel self-important.
Sorry to those of you that may be normal but shame on you that are deceptive know-nothings.
And yet here you are. Kinda like a self fulfilling prophecy. Or did you get the mechanotelepathic UConnect option?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t say it’s happened to me.

The only thing remotely similar to something like that was one time I came to a stop at a light; just when ESS kicked-in the light turned green and I hit the gas. The Jeep didn’t know what to do for a second or two; the motor sounded like it wanted to go into ESS and get moving at the same time. After a few hiccups and some shaking, it figured it out and got moving.

Has happened only once.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I wonder if this is an issue on part of the electronic throttle, since the gas pedal is not connected to a direct cable to increase air flow. Maybe it reset it self that qucik and that was the response you got.
Sponsored