Sponsored

Has somebody removed the sun visor stickers?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Scott T in MA

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR-XR and 2001 TJ Sport
Has anyone successfully removed the residue 100%? I tried GooGone, but no luck. I'm thinking of trying some isopropyl alcohol or nail polish remover (luckily I have two daughters at home! LOL). Has anyone tried these? I'd hate to damage the vinyl cover. Maybe applying more heat to soften up the residue and trying GooGone again?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Scott T in MA

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I got the labels of yesterday, but curious about the residue. I don't see any follow-up in the other article about the residue except that it should fade a bit over time, but I'm looking to remove that residue now.
@Scott T in MA

I did not re-read the whole thread but I believe guys used WD40 and Goo be Gone...

You are not going to get that faint outline to go away. 4 yrs. later and I still have that very faint outline. But better that outline which you get used to versus those gaudy warning stickers.

Sponsored

rhocking

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2.0T JLU Sport S
Thanks. I got the labels of yesterday, but curious about the residue. I don't see any follow-up in the other article about the residue except that it should fade a bit over time, but I'm looking to remove that residue now.
You may be out of luck. I removed the decals with the help from a hair dryer and used Goo Gone and alcohol and several different vinyl cleaners to try to eliminate residue and the outline. All efforts still left me with a very faint outline similar to the pics posted higher in this thread.
I am happy with the way it turned out. I am not OCD enough (quite) that the very faint outline bothers me. FYI, this was all two years ago and there is still a very, very faint outline.

Scott T in MA

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL. OK. Proof positive that it’ll just have the shadow long term. I still need to get the slight film off. I’ll try alcohol and Googone again. Thank you both.

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURD
You can order custom decals that say whatever you like to cover them with. Pixel decals sells them but it’ll take quite a while to fill an order. He’s notoriously slow to ship.
Just received some other decals which took 2 full months from time of order to receive. And I have another order that has been lingering about a month so still a month out.

Long time to deliver but I will say the decals were good quality.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Yes, I have successfully removed the sticker and goo on the drivers side. For the passenger side, I instead ordered from Pixel Decals a blank black sticker to place over it. the sticker was far simpler, far quicker, the cost was not very much.

CM⛰

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
Took mine off about a week after getting it. Used some heat and they came off easy with no sticky residue left. You can see where the sticker was if you look closely.

Sponsored

JBirdJeeps

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU 2023
@JESM

I removed both of my warning decals with good results... I did not want to use a decal, plain or otherwise to cover them.

No way you would get the warning decal off without the application of controlled heat.

Here is a thread talking removal of them:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sun-visor-warning-decal-removal-mod.4873/

Here's pics that truly representative the end result, soon after removal of warning decals.

Yes, you will see a faint outline of the decal and that outline cannot be removed with chemicals.

Fortunately, the outline is slight and after awhile will fade so you hardly notice it. (Mine did)

drivers-visor.jpg

visor.jpeg
Did you remove the stickers with the visors in place or did you take the visors out to do the sticker removal?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you remove the stickers with the visors in place or did you take the visors out to do the sticker removal?
Did them in place.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I used a hot blow dryer to remove one, It really was not worth the effort, compared to obtaining the black out stickers from pixel decals. With my wife's Jeep, we used the stickers So easy, so worth it.

Atomic5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLR 🛸
I removed mine just a few days after taking delivery. I parked facing the morning sun for a few hours. Starting with the passenger side and using a heat gun on low about 1.5 feet away from the visor. It peeled off with a light tug and I had it removed within 15 minutes.

I had better luck with the driver side. It sat facing the sun a bit longer in higher ambient temp. It peeled off in about 5 minutes of careful pulling and left less residue than when I used the heat gun on the passenger side.
Sponsored