Sponsored

Has anyone with leather interior tried to change the stitching color?

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I have the itch to convert all the red on my Rubi to a different color. Has anyone simple has the stitching color changed out on the seats and dash? Not interested in new seat covers or anything like that. Trying to keep it reasonably priced, if it's possible. Thanks!
Sponsored

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
A good upholstery should be able to remove the covers remove the stitching and re-stitch through the same holes

Ricmcd

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2006 TJ Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrical Contractor
I used black dye to get rid of the red. For the most part it looks great. Need to repeat several times

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chemy350

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
His coworkers pranking again and you fell for it.

Again.
Actually, this one is an actual post :) Maybe I need a code word for when its actually me.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Actually, this one is an actual post :) Maybe I need a code word for when its actually me.
It was pretty clear to me, seems like a legitimate question and not a troll job. Good luck.

Bikinicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I custom ordered my Jeep and upgraded the seats to Katzen leather which has white stitching...however, my steering wheel, and both gear selector boots have RED stitching. My OCD is not happy. I just started working with Jeep Customer Care to get this fixed. Since I didn't know if Jeep was going to help or not, I started calling around to upholstery shops and was striking out left and right to find one willing to do the steering wheel. Also, I was told the gear selector boots would have to be made from scratch, not restitched if done at the upholstery shop. :(

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
For what’s its worth, i love your troll posts.

richsteele

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 OB JLR
I custom ordered my Jeep and upgraded the seats to Katzen leather which has white stitching...however, my steering wheel, and both gear selector boots have RED stitching. My OCD is not happy. I just started working with Jeep Customer Care to get this fixed. Since I didn't know if Jeep was going to help or not, I started calling around to upholstery shops and was striking out left and right to find one willing to do the steering wheel. Also, I was told the gear selector boots would have to be made from scratch, not restitched if done at the upholstery shop. :(
Does the Sahara have white stitching? If so, maybe just get the parts you need (steering wheel, shifter boot, transfer case boot, etc.) and swap them out?

Sponsored

Bikinicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Does the Sahara have white stitching? If so, maybe just get the parts you need (steering wheel, shifter boot, transfer case boot, etc.) and swap them out?
Good idea. I will have to look into that if Jeep customer care doesn't come through.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I was already thinking the same, but the cost of just the Sahara leather steering wheel with heater is a $300+ exercise. I'm still considering it, though! I hate the red.
Sponsored