Sponsored

Has anyone with a faulty Jeep been offered a buyback from FCA?

Bowman19

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
for those that have gone down this route, what have you done to have vehicle coverage between when the car was repurchased and the build time on the new vehicle?
Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
for those that have gone down this route, what have you done to have vehicle coverage between when the car was repurchased and the build time on the new vehicle?
After additional inspections by me and the dealer to make sure it was safe enough (welds) short term I kept driving it another 3 months till my 19 arrived. I check those welds once a week myself during that time.

Bowman19

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
After additional inspections by me and the dealer to make sure it was safe enough (welds) short term I kept driving it another 3 months till my 19 arrived. I check those welds once a week myself during that time.
did you have to choose a special option to do so? it was framed up by stericycle that that the repurchase would leave me without a vehicle, though i plan to order a replacement.appreciate the help

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
did you have to choose a special option to do so? it was framed up by stericycle that that the repurchase would leave me without a vehicle, though i plan to order a replacement.appreciate the help
No...just talk to your regional customer service manager. Ask your dealer gm to put you in contact with them.

Your options with this are really to keep driving it, get a rental, or purchase off the lot after a thorough inspection. RCSM can help you with all of this...even tracking your new jeep down if you go immediate purchase from lot.

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Just got me replacement Jeep yesterday from my buy back. The process took about 7 weeks from day said would do it. My Jeep sat at dealership for 3 weeks waiting for all paperwork to get done. Process went pretty smooth just takes time. So stay calm it will come to an end and your new Jeep will make you happy again. Good luck everyone.

Sponsored

Jspafford

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I read through this and many other threads on this subject.

I too, purchased a 2018 JL Sahara Unlimited in May of 2018. Short of the Cruise Control recall and not qualifying for the track bar recall it was trouble free until December. We started noticing the pop when turning. I called a local dealer (bought it from a couple counties away due to options I wanted). They agreed to look at it February 4th. I have not seen it since then. They cannot find a problem. They replaced CV shafts, swapped drive shafts from another Jeep, drove around without rear drive shaft, told me that FCA used the wrong rear gear lube without friction modifiers. They had to "order" the correct lube. Now I am waiting on a special order rear differential carrier as they claim this is now the problem. They have no idea! I am unhappy they claimed to have used the wrong differential gear oil with 11K miles. So what other rear end problems could this cause. The noise is coming from the front, I know it is a ball joint as everyone else has discovered but dealer says they are within specs.

The dealer has had it for 36 days as of today. I am now in contact at my request from someone (not honestly sure if its FCA or someone else) who is trying to start the process of replacing or buying back. In Ohio, after 30 consecutive days out of service it is considered a "Lemon". Hoping that they will resolve this quickly as we are still making payments.

I received a call from the "district parts/service rep" who claims he checked in at the dealership yesterday and is confident they can repair. I thanked him but told him we were beyond it being repaired and that if he was going to step in and help he should have done it weeks ago. Also told him no one really knows what the problem is and that the current part which has been on order for 2+ weeks will most likely not repair the problem. He became somewhat upset and told me there are no 'guarantees' that they will replace it. I know there is a regional CSM. How would I get in touch with them? I don't want to poke the bear, but I don't want to drag this out anymore if I can help speed it along either.

Any advice would be great!

JiteshMode

First Name
Jitesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Manual
Just got me replacement Jeep yesterday from my buy back. The process took about 7 weeks from day said would do it. My Jeep sat at dealership for 3 weeks waiting for all paperwork to get done. Process went pretty smooth just takes time. So stay calm it will come to an end and your new Jeep will make you happy again. Good luck everyone.
I'm glad it worked out!

I have a problem with my stick shift popping out of first gear when engaged. I took it into the dealer ship and he mentioned "something is wrong with the syncro, we are going to have to get you into another Jeep"..? wtf?! The dealership has contacted FCA and mentioned that he will send me information on Monday, March 25, 2019. I am a bit concerned being that I only have 24k miles on a 2017 (2.5 years) and I still have 20K loan I am paying. Will the FCA come through, giving me the full price that I paid for the car? Will they just give me KBB value(totally not fair)? Why is everyone so quiet about how much they received for their car from the FCA? Any and all info will be greatly appreciated!

JP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
I was worried about all that too. I didn’t have to argue with them at all about the price. The offer they gave me was great and got all money back on modifications I did to my Jeep that I had a receipt for. So start chasing all those receipts you need and all should be good. Good luck.

kayers56

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 lexus rx350, 350z roadster
Has anyone with a faulty Jeep been offered a buyback from FCA? If so, what did you have to go through to get this offer?

A little history on my situation, i'll try and keep it brief...

I have owned my Jeep for about 2 months now and have had issue after issue with it. It all started when I received my Cruise Control recall notice in the mail. I took the Jeep in for what I thought was going to be a quick update, and ended up leaving my Jeep at the dealership for 3 weeks. I've attached the summary notes (good luck reading through the grammatical errors) and parts list of what all was done to my Jeep over the 3 weeks it was in service. Since these repairs were made the check engine light has come on two separate times, the first one they cleared it out and told me it had something to do with the brakes, but it was a stored code and that it was nothing to worry about. The second one turned on Saturday and is still on, as I haven't had a chance to take it in yet.

Update 8/9/2018: I took the Jeep into a new dealership today to get the second check engine light checked out. Apparently check engine light #1 WAS something to worry about, as my Jeep has a shorted brake switch. They have ordered the part and it should arrive next week. Until then they have instructed me to pick up the Jeep as it is safe to drive but will have no ABS.

I've never dealt with a vehicle this problematic before, especially when buying new. I have voiced my frustration with FCA customer care and have been assigned a case manager to work with, but am currently being told that I don't qualify for a buyback. Apparently the vehicle must be in service for 30 days and/or taken in 4 separate times for the same issue to qualify.

Summary.jpg

Parts List.jpg

Sponsored

kayers56

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 lexus rx350, 350z roadster
Yes, Jeep does buybacks. My son had the misfortune of purchasing one in CO(from Washington state) that was shifted between dealers and not disclosed as required in CO. Jeep is a sleazy lying bunch. ZERO INTEGRITY. I owned a 2016 Jeep Cherokee until the infamous transmission problem reared it's head and stalled at 60mph. Traded in for Lexus.

Ginger09

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler - JKU
Can someone please PM me Mike Manleys contact information. My JK has been in the shop 5x now with exact same issue, they claim to have fixed but keeps happening. The salesmen called and said they were looking into replacement and buyback but I think an email to Mike can't hurt at this point to speed up the process. I have been stranded (and sometimes in not so great places) 20+ times where my brand new wrangler wouldn't start.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
It appears to be all about your relationship with the dealer and their relationship with the regional rep. I used jeepcares here and had a couple of opened tickets with FCA customer care who worked closely with my service dept. to attempt resolution. Keep it civil and work with them and they should work with you. As others have said, as soon as you engage a leach, it becomes adversarial and it goes to their legal dept which will drag out forever and probably be less favorable as they'll have to also pay all the legal fees.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
This was my new 2018 JL Unlimited Sport S. Delivered in only 20 days on August 28. Picked it up with just 20, paid cash in full. I drove it 23 miles home and after enjoying the smooth ride and surprisingly quiet cab noticed a whine from the rear end. I returned it first thing next morning. The dealer has been great but FCA not so much, took a while (2 days) but diagnosis was unknown shim or bearing failure in rear differential. Solution? Replace entire rear axle assembly.
Only problem, after 2 weeks, no axle assemblies exist, anywhere, and no production schedule per Jeep Cares. Dealer put expedite on issue, this morning, 16 days later I was called by FCA and told the 'Buy Back Process' was beginning.
Frustrating and now waiting to see where we go from here. Loved it all 19 hours I owned it. Can't wait for my next one . . .
41641385_10212164447924485_1908450223848423424_n.jpg
Wow! I thought I held a record with 20 days of ownership before disaster struck!

I can’t say much but my experience with Stericycle was phenomenal. My rep was amazing. He responded to emails within minutes and was honestly the best part of the entire process.
My experience was also very good with Stericycle, local guy, very responsive and accommodating scheduling the hand over meeting.

Molo1234

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Wow! I thought I held a record with 20 days of ownership before disaster struck!

My experience was also very good with Stericycle, local guy, very responsive and accommodating scheduling the hand over meeting.
My experience with Jeep has not been good at all. My car was brand new just 9 months ago and only has 5023 miles. The fuel pump went out on the freeway and I stopped in the middle of traffic where I could have died. Since I just got the car I can’t trade it in and I have tried to get jeepcares to help with a buyback but they didn’t help at all. The dealership put a new fuel pump and I still had the same issue with the fuel gauge so they replaced another piece. Now I am stuck driving in a car where I feel scared for my life because I’m afraid the car will stop on me again. Also there is a faulty fuel pump recall on the model that goes back at least 7 years. I’m wondering why the car is still being sold and nothing is being done about the faulty fuel pump. All they said was they have to focus on getting the repair done on a car that I am paying for and feeling unsafe and scared every time I get inside of it. It has a serious safety issue on it but I guess I have to die inside of it before anyone can help. I am very disappointed in Jeep and JeepCares they don’t care at all.
Sponsored