Sponsored

Has anyone with a faulty Jeep been offered a buyback from FCA?

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Because they got on this forum and loudly complained .
I wouldnt say bringing the issues to the attention of others is complaining. Those that did still got little to no help from jeep cares and were trolled by members on this forum as much as they were supported by it.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I wouldnt say bringing the issues to the attention of others is complaining. Those that did still got little to no help from jeep cares and were trolled by members on this forum as much as they were supported by it.
Also they ought to call Mike Manley , CEO . He has a staff which can help .

JeepEagle1

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Punk'n Metallic
I had an offer for a buyback from FCA for a 2012 Jeep Wrangler because of a problem with the color of the paint (dozer yellow). They also offered me about 2K for me to keep it but I declined and got another Jeep instead.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I had an offer for a buyback from FCA for a 2012 Jeep Wrangler because of a problem with the color of the paint (dozer yellow). They also offered me about 2K for me to keep it but I declined and got another Jeep instead.
I kind of liked Tank green a few years ago .

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also they ought to call Mike Manley , CEO . He has a staff which can help .
Mike Manley's office was helpful for some. However, even if you go through his office it will trickle down (if you are lucky and get the right rep) to your Regional Customer Service Manager (RCSM). My RCSM suggested that it would expedite the process for people having problems if they had their dealer put them in touch with their Region's RCSM. They have a bit more wiggle room and can even offer replacement rather than buyback which might be more beneficial to people having issues if they still want a Jeep. Buyback goes through a separate company like stericycle that specializes in vehicle reacquisitions in situations like these and lemon laws. You are not guaranteed to get what you paid back, and will likely lose your tax and registration. However with a replacement they just build you a new one and hot list you to get it to you faster.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Mike Manley's office was helpful for some. However, even if you go through his office it will trickle down (if you are lucky and get the right rep) to your Regional Customer Service Manager (RCSM). My RCSM suggested that it would expedite the process for people having problems if they had their dealer put them in touch with their Region's RCSM. They have a bit more wiggle room and can even offer replacement rather than buyback which might be more beneficial to people having issues if they still want a Jeep. Buyback goes through a separate company like stericycle that specializes in vehicle reacquisitions in situations like these and lemon laws. You are not guaranteed to get what you paid back, and will likely lose your tax and registration. However with a replacement they just build you a new one and hot list you to get it to you faster.
I'd say I'd rather deal with Mike Manley than a dealer's service advisor , any day . Of course the RCSM would be great , but how would you know how to reach the RCSM ?

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd say I'd rather deal with Mike Manley than a dealer's service advisor , any day . Of course the RCSM would be great , but how would you know how to reach the RCSM ?
Talk to you dealers gm and ask to be put in contact RCSM.

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Talk to you dealers gm and ask to be put in contact RCSM. If that doesn't work pm me.
After the dealer's service advisor tells the customer to pound sand , the customer is likely not in a good mood to talk to the dealer's gm . So much so , that the customer would be likely to tell the dealer's gm to pound sand , and fire the gm from the dealership he manages . That's right , terminate the employment of all the jerks , as ordered by the customer .

That's what Mike Manley should do .

Last edited:

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I was told by the local FCA rep for my buy back request that he has people with legitimate problems and there really isn't any reason to keep talking about it.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I was told by the local FCA rep for my buy back request that he has people with legitimate problems and there really isn't any reason to keep talking about it.
So , call Mike Manley , CEO , and explain to his staff what happened . Get the name of your local Regional Customer Service Manager . Document everything , including dates of service . Take photos if possible . Research your state's Lemon Law with the state Attorney General .

Enjoy life and go surfing . Best wishes .

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After the dealer's service advisor tells the customer to pound sand , the customer is likely not in a good mood to talk to the dealer's gm . So much so , that the customer would be likely to tell the dealer's gm to pound sand , and fire the gm from the dealership he manages . That's right , terminate the employment of all the jerks , as ordered by the customer .

That's what Mike Manley should do .
Totally agree. I almost came to blow with my service advisor when he refused to check the welds again. Then he said that's why we pay these guys the big bucks...that saying is a sure fire way to fire me up so asked him how many people that you've paid the big bucks have been fired from here in the last couple years. I would with big buck people (millionaires) all the time who don't do their jobs....guess what...they get cut/fired. Will never be setting foot in that dealership again.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is exactly the problem with FCA and Jeep dealers. Try to get your region customer service manager if you haven't already.