Sponsored

Has anyone with a faulty Jeep been offered a buyback from FCA?

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Stericycle isn't that bad. Except they use form letter and simply fill in the numbers. If u negotiated different numbers with your regional customer service manager it will get messy. Also their transfer agents can be dicks.
Sponsored

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Stericycle isn't that bad. Except they use form letter and simply fill in the numbers. If u negotiated different numbers with your regional customer service manager it will get messy. Also their transfer agents can be dicks.
Thanks. Guy from corporate told me I would get MSRP and not have to pay for mileage. See if they agree when they call me.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Thanks. Guy from corporate told me I would get MSRP and not have to pay for mileage. See if they agree when they call me.
Stericycle will repeatedly mess this up. Talk to your gm and get him in touch with Corp to verify.

Zane6842

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Stericycle will repeatedly mess this up. Talk to your gm and get him in touch with Corp to verify.
I Just finished my buyback. It went through Stericycle. My rep was great! My replacement dealership was great too!

Words of encouragement: You've made it this far so stay on top of it, be patient. Just kept a rolling binder with all documentation and communication. Try to be level headed and know your not going to get a Rubicon replacement for your lemon Sport.....Well... you may, but your gonna need to pay for the difference or somewhere in between. Don't give up hope!

Keep open communication with your FCA Regional Rep, your Dealership and your Stericycle Rep. I was able to communicate via email so that I had a running conversation. Be diplomatic.

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With my replacement Jeep do I negotiate the price or something set in stone with price. Want to make sure get as low as possible. Of course.

Sponsored

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually, they compare MSRP of original and new.
I get that but if MSRP of 2019 is $50000 can I negotiate down or is that the price on replacement.

Zane6842

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I get that but if MSRP of 2019 is $50000 can I negotiate down or is that the price on replacement.
I’m gonna just tell ya you need to talk to your rep about the numbers. You’ll get credit for the MSRP of your lemon. You have that much money to spend on your replacement. Good luck trying to negotiate “extras”. Your replacement rep won’t make you pay MSRP for your replacement. You’ll need to speak to your replacement rep to get exact numbers. All of us who got buy backs really can’t discuss details about the deals. Your replacement rep should explain the details and have it all in writing for you.

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m gonna just tell ya you need to talk to your rep about the numbers. You’ll get credit for the MSRP of your lemon. You have that much money to spend on your replacement. Good luck trying to negotiate “extras”. Your replacement rep won’t make you pay MSRP for your replacement. You’ll need to speak to your replacement rep to get exact numbers. All of us who got buy backs really can’t discuss details about the deals. Your replacement rep should explain the details and have it all in writing for you.
Okay. Thanks. Already went through hell just want to make sure I do buyback right.

Zane6842

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Okay. Thanks. Already went through hell just want to make sure I do buyback right.
Trust me. We all have been there. FCA is doing it right. It’s not a common thing so people don’t have much experience with it. Even my dealership was upfront that they’ve only done 2 in the 20 years. It’s a small dealership. I was able to help walk everyone though it will my Stericycle rep. Be deplomatic and keep open communication with your rep. I was told upfront that it is about a 6-8 weeks process and I’m sure you were told the same. As far as numbers go I’m pretty sure you’ll be happy with it once it’s completed. We are all in this together!

Sponsored

Kalinakov

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranger Unlimited JL Sahara
My buy back began 1/11/2019.

Dealer told me to take a replacement I'd get the MSRP of the lemon and would have to pay the MSRP of a replacement. Also told me that FCA/Stericycle would not let me test drive the new jeep until the paperwork was all filed. I'm not sure how much of that is legit because you can never trust a car dealer, or the manufacturer from the sound of it.

All I read about are terrible interactions with stericycle. I purchased my jeep on 11/20/2018 and it went into the shop on 12/17/2018 for power steering failures. That's the last time I've seen it. Been in the shop ever since. I've not yet heard from FCA or Stericycle in the past week that the buyback has been going on, buy my dealer has been, seemingly, putting pressure on FCA to try to get this handled. They've acquired the replacement Jeep already at the dealership, just waiting on the process to run its course.

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My buy back began 1/11/2019.

Dealer told me to take a replacement I'd get the MSRP of the lemon and would have to pay the MSRP of a replacement. Also told me that FCA/Stericycle would not let me test drive the new jeep until the paperwork was all filed. I'm not sure how much of that is legit because you can never trust a car dealer, or the manufacturer from the sound of it.

All I read about are terrible interactions with stericycle. I purchased my jeep on 11/20/2018 and it went into the shop on 12/17/2018 for power steering failures. That's the last time I've seen it. Been in the shop ever since. I've not yet heard from FCA or Stericycle in the past week that the buyback has been going on, buy my dealer has been, seemingly, putting pressure on FCA to try to get this handled. They've acquired the replacement Jeep already at the dealership, just waiting on the process to run its course.
I just ordered my replacement on 1-19-19. We will see how long it takes to get this part of it finished. Still have to talk final numbers so we shall see how miserable that gets too.

Kalinakov

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wranger Unlimited JL Sahara
I just ordered my replacement on 1-19-19. We will see how long it takes to get this part of it finished. Still have to talk final numbers so we shall see how miserable that gets too.
That’s what I’m interested in knowing. Can you haggle if doing a msrp buy back? Dealer says no but they are rarely trustworthy.

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 cherokee
here’s my situation. on my 19 cherokee
after 35 days in shop for no repair available for chassis noise
i hired an attorney (though this would be easiest so i don’t get screwed anymore)
we send out certified paperwork to fca on 11-20-2018
my attorney told me 30-60 days
well it’s now 1/24/2019 no answer back from fca
my attorney says they’re backed up ?..
fca won’t talk to me because i hired the attorney

so it sits in my driveway with expired tags and was told not to drive it
it’s getting frustrating
Sponsored

Last edited: