Sponsored

Has anyone with a faulty Jeep been offered a buyback from FCA?

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
6,600 now, been having issues since about 3k though
If they try to use the same method of buy back as their offering you, mines only at 2700 miles snd ive been having issues from 400/500
Sponsored

Motomom

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL 4 door
Well my Jeep was back in service again for 2 weeks the CarPlay would not work and neither did the compass, so they replaced the entire radio it is working mostly now still some intermittent problems so we will see if I have to take it in again!

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
This whole thread is such a case of trolling. You just need to learn how to wrench yourself, it's a jeep thing :cwl:
Wrench myself...BOY... I've likely been wrenching on jeeps, muscle cars and motorcycles since before you were born. I chop and build motorcycles as a hobby. This isnt a jeep thing...this is a serious issue.

Sponsored

Novanotch

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Wrench myself...BOY... I've likely been wrenching on jeeps, muscle cars and motorcycles since before you were born. I chop and build motorcycles as a hobby. This isnt a jeep thing...this is a serious issue.
I agree, i am on my 2nd JL now due to Lemon Law and i wrench with the best of them.. i guess it's my fault for not fixing it? :cwl:

Sponsored

Robwill1250

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Has anyone with a faulty Jeep been offered a buyback from FCA? If so, what did you have to go through to get this offer?

A little history on my situation, i'll try and keep it brief...

I have owned my Jeep for about 2 months now and have had issue after issue with it. It all started when I received my Cruise Control recall notice in the mail. I took the Jeep in for what I thought was going to be a quick update, and ended up leaving my Jeep at the dealership for 3 weeks. I've attached the summary notes (good luck reading through the grammatical errors) and parts list of what all was done to my Jeep over the 3 weeks it was in service. Since these repairs were made the check engine light has come on two separate times, the first one they cleared it out and told me it had something to do with the brakes, but it was a stored code and that it was nothing to worry about. The second one turned on Saturday and is still on, as I haven't had a chance to take it in yet.

Update 8/9/2018: I took the Jeep into a new dealership today to get the second check engine light checked out. Apparently check engine light #1 WAS something to worry about, as my Jeep has a shorted brake switch. They have ordered the part and it should arrive next week. Until then they have instructed me to pick up the Jeep as it is safe to drive but will have no ABS.

I've never dealt with a vehicle this problematic before, especially when buying new. I have voiced my frustration with FCA customer care and have been assigned a case manager to work with, but am currently being told that I don't qualify for a buyback. Apparently the vehicle must be in service for 30 days and/or taken in 4 separate times for the same issue to qualify.

Summary.jpg

Parts List.jpg

I was offered a replacement but turned it down. People are still having trouble with the 2019 as well.
I am pushing for a straight buyback until they get things figured out.

Mine has had over 12 spots ground down and welded again. Was supposed to be just an inspection but when I came back from being out of town well.....what do you do?

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I do qualify. I have been told I am talking to the last person at FCA I will talk to before being transferred to the third party company to handles the buyback / replacement. She doesn’t answer her phone or reply to emails. I have also read that the third party company is no better. Fortunately, the local dealer is treating me well and keeping me informed. FCA is VERY poorly managed at the corporate level. Good luck.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I was offered a replacement but turned it down. People are still having trouble with the 2019 as well.
I am pushing for a straight buyback until they get things figured out.

Mine has had over 12 spots ground down and welded again. Was supposed to be just an inspection but when I came back from being out of town well.....what do you do?
In your case, if a buyback is not offered, I would take the ‘19 and then sell it. Depending on how much you owed on you 18, if anything at all, you should come out ok.
Sponsored