Sponsored

Has anyone with a faulty Jeep been offered a buyback from FCA?

owltown

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2L turbo
Vehicle Showcase
With all the above i am not sure i should step in. But here goes. My 2018JLU after 3.5 months became possessed, NOT re-possessed, just possessed. All the electrical stuff started to do really funny things. Jeep could not find the issues. I had put 5500 miles on the jeep so it was not New in the box, but still not old. I contacted jeep care and the issue got escalated after i contacted the Mike Manley , CEO FCA via email. I managed to get a DCA (employee price) deal which save me 7k off the sticker and my dealer gave me a reasonable allowance for mine. I traded for a new turbo. Not as good a deal as Lemon, but now and done. If i had gone to lemon not sure with the miles on my jeep if i would have gotten any better deal.
Sponsored

owltown

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2L turbo
Vehicle Showcase
With all the above i am not sure i should step in. But here goes. My 2018JLU after 3.5 months became possessed, NOT re-possessed, just possessed. All the electrical stuff started to do really funny things. Jeep could not find the issues. I had put 5500 miles on the jeep so it was not New in the box, but still not old. I contacted jeep care and the issue got escalated after i contacted the Mike Manley , CEO FCA via email. I managed to get a DCA (employee price) deal which save me 7k off the sticker and my dealer gave me a reasonable allowance for mine. I traded for a new turbo. Not as good a deal as Lemon, but now and done. If i had gone to lemon not sure with the z on my jeep if i would have gotten any better deal.

Sponsored

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
This was my new 2018 JL Unlimited Sport S. Delivered in only 20 days on August 28. Picked it up with just 20, paid cash in full. I drove it 23 miles home and after enjoying the smooth ride and surprisingly quiet cab noticed a whine from the rear end. I returned it first thing next morning. The dealer has been great but FCA not so much, took a while (2 days) but diagnosis was unknown shim or bearing failure in rear differential. Solution? Replace entire rear axle assembly.
Only problem, after 2 weeks, no axle assemblies exist, anywhere, and no production schedule per Jeep Cares. Dealer put expedite on issue, this morning, 16 days later I was called by FCA and told the 'Buy Back Process' was beginning.
Frustrating and now waiting to see where we go from here. Loved it all 19 hours I owned it. Can't wait for my next one . . .
41641385_10212164447924485_1908450223848423424_n.jpg

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
This was my new 2018 JL Unlimited Sport S. Delivered in only 20 days on August 28. Picked it up with just 20, paid cash in full. I drove it 23 miles home and after enjoying the smooth ride and surprisingly quiet cab noticed a whine from the rear end. I returned it first thing next morning. The dealer has been great but FCA not so much, took a while (2 days) but diagnosis was unknown shim or bearing failure in rear differential. Solution? Replace entire rear axle assembly.
Only problem, after 2 weeks, no axle assemblies exist, anywhere, and no production schedule per Jeep Cares. Dealer put expedite on issue, this morning, 16 days later I was called by FCA and told the 'Buy Back Process' was beginning.
Frustrating and now waiting to see where we go from here. Loved it all 19 hours I owned it. Can't wait for my next one . . .
41641385_10212164447924485_1908450223848423424_n.jpg
Maybe the 2-doors have less problems than the 4-doors ? Don't know , just asking .

Maybe a 2-door at the beach would be better when filled with girls from the beach .

Last edited:

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
I was offered a buyback and they replaced my JLUR that I originally purchased in February. The new one, picked up in July, has been perfect.
And after four pages of posts, I think you're the only one who actually answered the original question. :clap:

Sponsored

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Contact info for mike manley? I drove off the lot with my new rubicon around May 25. Since then the dealer has had my vehicle longer than i have. Its been issue after issue and at this current issue where the transmission goes crazy by kicking itself into neutral and then telling me to stop, place the transmission in Park and re-select a new gear has been a nightmare. It would usually occur on trails but now even on pavement. Theyve had it this time since August 10 and im thinking their considering a buy back because they cant even figure out the issue. And if it is considered a buy-back i want to make sure im taken care of rather than being thrown out to the wolves and getting screwed

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Contact info for mike manley? I drove off the lot with my new rubicon around May 25. Since then the dealer has had my vehicle longer than i have. Its been issue after issue and at this current issue where the transmission goes crazy by kicking itself into neutral and then telling me to stop, place the transmission in Park and re-select a new gear has been a nightmare. It would usually occur on trails but now even on pavement. Theyve had it this time since August 10 and im thinking their considering a buy back because they cant even figure out the issue. And if it is considered a buy-back i want to make sure im taken care of rather than being thrown out to the wolves and getting screwed
Sent you PM .

Novanotch

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Mine is in the process off being bought back through Stericycle. Not really liking the Mileage/Usage fee, so seeing if I can negotiate it a bit.

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Mine is in the process off being bought back through Stericycle. Not really liking the Mileage/Usage fee, so seeing if I can negotiate it a bit.
If you dont mind me asking, how much mileage have you put on your jeep?