Sponsored

Has anyone used the Warn power interrupt kit with a Smittybuilt X20 winch?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Probably a dumb question, but where are the aux switch (under hood) wires located, 2020 JLUR 3.0 Eco? Any pics of where they are located "pre-installation" of any of your accessories?
Don't know the answer to your question. On the 3.6 the wires are kinda stuffed down between the battery and the fender liner.

Later,
Johnny
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know the answer to your question. On the 3.6 the wires are kinda stuffed down between the battery and the fender liner.

Later,
Johnny
They’re in the same spot for the 2.0T engines. The owners manual (online version) showed the locations of the Aux wire bundle. I’d check that or just look between the battery and passenger fender.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Same spot for the 3.0

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Probably a dumb question, but where are the aux switch (under hood) wires located, 2020 JLUR 3.0 Eco? Any pics of where they are located "pre-installation" of any of your accessories?
Is your battery on the passenger side like the other models? If so, the aux wires are in a bundle near the battery toward the fender well. It's not always obvious as they may be taped up and/or tucked away but assuming you have the aux package they will be in there somewhere.

[edit] wow, didn't see all the other replies for some reason. Sounds like you are all set now. Good luck!

Sponsored

foxswimmer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '04 Mazda3, '13 Sienna (because kids)
Thanks to everyone in this thread!

I finished up my install this morning, hooking it up to aux 3. It ain't the prettiest, but it is functional, and I am relatively happy with how it turned out. It's "upside down", but at this point, I am ready to be done and it doesn't bother me enough to flip it around.

Thanks @plex for your bracket suggestion. I used the same $1 bracket from HD and a few self-tapping screws.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone used the Warn power interrupt kit with a Smittybuilt X20 winch? IMG-7892
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone used the Warn power interrupt kit with a Smittybuilt X20 winch? IMG-7893

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
The included power cable (red 2 gauge wire) is quite short so I mounted it on the fender side of the battery using an old bracket that originally held a dish on our house. Good, heavy coat of paint on a rigid bracket. It will work well. It is attached to a grounding lug (A in the picture) and a fender bolt (C). There was a wire grounded to A. I relocated that to an unused grounding post (B) in order to make some room.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone used the Warn power interrupt kit with a Smittybuilt X20 winch? IMG-7893
I guess I'll have to put a couple more hours into mine since I already occupied that space with the control box for the power steps, arghhhh.

dave12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Quick qustion here, sorry to bring that back but I read some places saying that it is better to attach ground from the PIK and the winch both directly to the negative battery terminal, as well as other places where I read that it would be better to attach them to another grounding point.

What do you guys think and what did you do? 🤔

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I read some places saying that it is better to attach ground from the PIK and the winch both directly to the negative battery terminal, as well as other places where I read that it would be better to attach them to another grounding point
Negative from the winch itself directly to the battery ground terminal & ground from the solenoid directly to a body ground point near the solenoid location. That said the Warn schematic DOES show the solenoid ground going directly to the battery. In my case I choose a nearby body stud thats already a grounding point as I already have my powers steps attached to the battery lug. Either way will function the same electrically.

dave12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Negative from the winch itself directly to the battery ground terminal & ground from the solenoid directly to a body ground point near the solenoid location. That said the Warn schematic DOES show the solenoid ground going directly to the battery. In my case I choose a nearby body stud thats already a grounding point as I already have my powers steps attached to the battery lug. Either way will function the same electrically.
Thanks, I think that's what I will do! Winch negative to battery ground and PIK negative to a body ground! :like:

Sponsored

kej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Thanks to everyone in this thread!

I finished up my install this morning, hooking it up to aux 3. It ain't the prettiest, but it is functional, and I am relatively happy with how it turned out. It's "upside down", but at this point, I am ready to be done and it doesn't bother me enough to flip it around.

Thanks @plex for your bracket suggestion. I used the same $1 bracket from HD and a few self-tapping screws.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone used the Warn power interrupt kit with a Smittybuilt X20 winch? PXL_20211120_195554875
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone used the Warn power interrupt kit with a Smittybuilt X20 winch? PXL_20211120_195554875
I bought this plate at Home Depot. So when you guys are installing the plate with #10 self tappers into the Jeep body; what size pilot hole are you using? I'm a little leery about drilling into the Jeep. I'm more of a bolt on mod guy.

Any non-drilling suggestions? I'm considering one of the nearby bolts or an expanding nut through the square hole to the right. Are these mistakes?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I bought this plate at Home Depot. So when you guys are installing the plate with #10 self tappers into the Jeep body; what size pilot hole are you using? I'm a little leery about drilling into the Jeep. I'm more of a bolt on mod guy.

Any non-drilling suggestions? I'm considering one of the nearby bolts or an expanding nut through the square hole to the right. Are these mistakes?
I got my Warn solenoid to mount on the nearby bolt. Not the prettiest but it works.

kej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I got my Warn solenoid to mount on the nearby bolt. Not the prettiest but it works.
Thanks, do the nearby bolts have the nuts welded on the underside? Do you have a picture?

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase