Sponsored

Has anyone used the Auxiliary/Battery Wires in the interior?

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Ive taken delivery and asked the dealer to get them. Just wasnt sure where they should be in the vehicle.
Sponsored

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
It is just a dimes worth of heat shrink and some very cheesy wire connectors, I threw mine away.
They would have been with the tool kit and freedom top bag as they are added at after production.

Trailjeepin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I cannot for the life of me find the wires under the hood or the passenger footwell area.

I definitely have the aux switches..where are they hiding?

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi

Trailjeepin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
See my post below. Same thing happened to me:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ation-installation-diy.1477/page-2#post-93654

The ones in the engine compartment are between the battery and the edge of the engine compartment. There are four wires bundled up in wrap.
Thanks I’ll take a look and dig for passenger compartment wires. As far as the hood wires go..are the wires zip tied at all? All I see is a bunch of wires wrapped with zip ties and electrical tape

Sponsored

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
Thanks I’ll take a look and dig for passenger compartment wires. As far as the hood wires go..are the wires zip tied at all? All I see is a bunch of wires wrapped with zip ties and electrical tape
If you can see the ends, then that is probably them. Mine are held pretty securely so I would guess that is what you are looking for.

jnutz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Using an AUX switch for it just for a source of power. Otherwise I will have to piggy back off of a fuse in order to hard wire the dash camera in.

I won't have a need for all 4 AUX switches - so I will use one for the dash cam for simplicity sake. I'll never turn the switch off, as the dash cam is always hot.
Saw in another post someone using a wire from the garage door opener in the visor. They changed up the wiring so they could use the button even when the Jeep was off and it free’d up a power wire. Might be an option for you.

crazyone77

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’m curious I just bought a rubi, but won’t get till middle of week. Are these wires in none aux switch equipped?

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Where was the wire splicing kit that was supposed to come with that option? Ive torn mine apart and cant find it. Of course, dealer knew nothing about it. Thankful for these forums and all the info I found out about before taking delivery.
My splicing kit was in the rear compartment in the same plastic bag as the door removal toolkit.

Sponsored

TonyM

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A JL Soon.
Vehicle Showcase
Where was the wire splicing kit that was supposed to come with that option? Ive torn mine apart and cant find it. Of course, dealer knew nothing about it. Thankful for these forums and all the info I found out about before taking delivery.
Mine were in the glove box in a little baggie.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Took dealer 12 weeks to finally send them to me. The splice kit was on my check list I sent to dealer before I purchased the JLUR.

GTOB521

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I used the battery and accessory cable in the footwell for my dashcam. For the ground cable all I did was pull off the little panel where the doors wiring harnes plugs into and there are two little bolts, so I just loosened the bottom one and grounded it there.
Sponsored