Sponsored

Has anyone used System X ceramic paint protection?

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
Was about $1000 for inside, paint, glass, wheels, roof, and fenders.
how does it look on the flat black parts like the roof and fenders? Id be afraid it would look too "shiny" or does it just look like its been freshly washed/detailed? Im also curious if that provides any UV protection or if that coating would interfere with doing other UV protecting coatings (ie 303) What interior portions did they do?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jorian610

Jorian610

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
how does it look on the flat black parts like the roof and fenders? Id be afraid it would look too "shiny" or does it just look like its been freshly washed/detailed? Im also curious if that provides any UV protection or if that coating would interfere with doing other UV protecting coatings (ie 303) What interior portions did they do?
The black roof and fenders have a very light shine, but they look natural. UV protection is the primary reason I had it done because I know that black has a tenancy to turn grey over time. Inside was done on cloth and carpet as well as dash, etc.

OP
OP
Jorian610

Jorian610

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
FB_IMG_1538699673902.jpg
20181001_164201.jpg
Compare for yourself. Coated vs straight off the truck.

OP
OP
Jorian610

Jorian610

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
Well I learned today that the ceramic coating doesn't stand up to door dings, not that I expected it to.
Only three weeks after picking it up someone got me on the back door hinge.... I wish I'd had my running boards to block this kind of damage, but they are on backorder. Almost looks intentional where they got me.

jeepjeepding.jpg

NYC_Bobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2018 JL MOAB, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
Well I learned today that the ceramic coating doesn't stand up to door dings, not that I expected it to.
Only three weeks after picking it up someone got me on the back door hinge.... I wish I'd had my running boards to block this kind of damage, but they are on backorder. Almost looks intentional where they got me.

jeepjeepding.jpg
Oh man, that really sucks! I feel for you! Bastards!

Sponsored

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
That looks more like an actual rock chip to me. That’s why I have my hinges lined with 8 mil mountain bike frame protector. Still look brand new and can’t even see it unless I point it out. Still a bummer none the same though. Sorry you have that one your door. Hopefully you can find some touch up and match it

OP
OP
Jorian610

Jorian610

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Design
It has been 5 months since I had my ceramic coating and it is the middle of a sloppy mid-west winter. I can say at this point I am very pleased with the coating. The JeepJeep still gets dirty, but it is easy to wash off.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I had my SS Camaro done in Ceramic Pro a few years ago. Still holding up.

singaporeIrish1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR; 2021 Ram TRX; 2020 Supra
How much did it cost? I’m in Chicago and was considering ceramic, and Xpel protect on painted flares and door sills
I worked with Chicago Auto Pros (Glen Ellyn location; they have another location as well) for my daughter's 2018 black JLUR that she parks outdoors at Wheaton College. Justin was my contact there. They sent a progress video as they worked on it over 2 days and did a great job. I went with Modesta BC-08 ... which is on the lower end of what they offer and have been very satisfied. She was home this weekend after a few weeks of bad weather/salt on the roads, etc... Was impressed by how little 'stuck' to the Jeep and how well it cleaned up. Very pleased with the ease of care and shine. My first ceramic coating experience, but if it remains durable will continue with each new vehicle. Highly recommend Justin and Chicago Auto Pros. Scheduling my new sting gray 2019 JLUR with them in coming weeks.

IMG_1828.jpeg

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500

jeepjeepding.jpg
Time for some rock rails. They will destroy their door on your rock rail before hitting your door. Man, pisses me off when I see this.

Sponsored

Jlblk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Sahara
I worked with Chicago Auto Pros (Glen Ellyn location; they have another location as well) for my daughter's 2018 black JLUR that she parks outdoors at Wheaton College. Justin was my contact there. They sent a progress video as they worked on it over 2 days and did a great job. I went with Modesta BC-08 ... which is on the lower end of what they offer and have been very satisfied. She was home this weekend after a few weeks of bad weather/salt on the roads, etc... Was impressed by how little 'stuck' to the Jeep and how well it cleaned up. Very pleased with the ease of care and shine. My first ceramic coating experience, but if it remains durable will continue with each new vehicle. Highly recommend Justin and Chicago Auto Pros. Scheduling my new sting gray 2019 JLUR with them in coming weeks.

IMG_1828.jpeg
How much did Chicago Auto Pros charge for the ceramic coating? Also curious if you went with the Modesta BC-08 on the second Jeep. I live in the Chicago area and am thinking about getting it done.

singaporeIrish1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR; 2021 Ram TRX; 2020 Supra
How much did Chicago Auto Pros charge for the ceramic coating? Also curious if you went with the Modesta BC-08 on the second Jeep. I live in the Chicago area and am thinking about getting it done.
Vehicle Info
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Single-Step Mid-Sized
Exterior Single Step Correction. Hand wash and exterior
decontamination, machine correction compound (85% correction),
machine polish.
Modesta BC-08 Full Exterior
Modesta BC-08: Full Exterior surface protection:
Protection
Includes Exterior painted surfaces, door jambs, exterior glass, and
exterior trim coatings.
Discount
DO NOT COAT WHEELS
TOTAL
$1,235.00

This was the cost of the first Jeep. My daughter had parked under a Mulberry tree at Wheaton College and the paint was a mess. I couldn't get the stains out of the clear coat. I was panicked. I thought the guys at Chicago Auto Pro's were excellent. Sent me videos of before, in progress and after since I live a few hours away. Actually used them to hand-wash every two weeks thereafter to keep my daughter out of car washes with brushes.

Second Jeep was quite a bit cheaper as it was right off the lot the paint correction/prep charge was nominal. (Note: I did not have them coat the wheels of either Jeep, so that also deducted $200 from normal price.)

Totally satisfied. Easiest vehicles to wash that I have ever owned. Black Jeep looks great ... like it always has fresh wax. I choked over spending another $ grand on each after spending $100K on Jeeps .... but will continue to ceramic coat and will use these guys. Very happy with their work.

AJR

Jlblk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Sahara
Vehicle Info
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Single-Step Mid-Sized
machine polish.
Protection
exterior trim coatings.
Discount
DO NOT COAT WHEELS
TOTAL
$1,235.00

This was the cost of the first Jeep. My daughter had parked under a Mulberry tree at Wheaton College and the paint was a mess. I couldn't get the stains out of the clear coat. I was panicked. I thought the guys at Chicago Auto Pro's were excellent. Sent me videos of before, in progress and after since I live a few hours away. Actually used them to hand-wash every two weeks thereafter to keep my daughter out of car washes with brushes.

Second Jeep was quite a bit cheaper as it was right off the lot the paint correction/prep charge was nominal. (Note: I did not have them coat the wheels of either Jeep, so that also deducted $200 from normal price.)

Totally satisfied. Easiest vehicles to wash that I have ever owned. Black Jeep looks great ... like it always has fresh wax. I choked over spending another $ grand on each after spending $100K on Jeeps .... but will continue to ceramic coat and will use these guys. Very happy with their work.

AJR
Thanks for the information. I’m definitely going to check them out.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Vehicle Info
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Single-Step Mid-Sized
machine polish.
Protection
exterior trim coatings.
Discount
DO NOT COAT WHEELS
TOTAL
$1,235.00

AJR
I'm in AZ and I love the Youtube videos Chicago Auto Pros puts out. They are always full of great information.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
I got mine coated with System X couple months after ownership and it was one of the best mods ive done. Its so much easier to keep the jeep clean and im not spending all day on a weekend washing and waxing etc. Its especially helpful after offroading and make the clean up process so much easier and quicker. Its not a maintenance free thing and you have to apply a liquid ceramic spray "wax" a couple times a year. I personally just use a clay bar and the ceramic spray to keep it fresh. When i say it makes it easier to clean it really does drastically cut down the time and effort you need to do. The attached photos was just soap and water to clean then dried with a towel.

Resized_20190714_134935(1).jpeg

Resized_20190714_170951.jpeg
Sponsored