Has anyone tried Exposed Racks?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I installed my RTT today for trip tomorrow. I did the click in system with 3 bars. One thing I did not think of was to run 6 of the click in brackets. Anyone running with 6? I have 2 on front and rear. I was getting it all set up today and seemed fine, but wondering if I should get 2 more for center click ins.

IMG_9081.jpeg

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Both racks have been great for hauling 2 Stand up Paddleboards and surfboards. I am really impressed with the quality and the company.
Thanks for this review many years ago. I am going to be buying an exposed rack for my 2-door soft top.

I was planning on getting the "click-in" bar, not the solid cross-bar. Is that the right move? This here: https://www.smsparts.com/product-page/8-00-9756-bk-m-f-jl-soft-top-pkg-txt-blk

Also, if you're hauling a surfboard, what additional accessories do you need to make that happen? Do I need to buy anything else?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Thanks for this review many years ago. I am going to be buying an exposed rack for my 2-door soft top.

I was planning on getting the "click-in" bar, not the solid cross-bar. Is that the right move? This here: https://www.smsparts.com/product-page/8-00-9756-bk-m-f-jl-soft-top-pkg-txt-blk

Also, if you're hauling a surfboard, what additional accessories do you need to make that happen? Do I need to buy anything else?
Click in with kayak accesories and 2 kayaks. this is a really nice roof rack.

IMG_20210806_184302015_HDR.jpg

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL

Sponsored

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Couple other questions:
  • Is the company still taking a long time to ship
  • Does this work with the Bestop automatic roof?
  • Do the OEM bolts still suck, and do you still need to pickup your own HEX bolts to make this thing work?

Trail Ghost

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon recon

I absolutely love them. Also my name will get you 10% off. Jeremyhedrick.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Dang that looks so good!

On their site, there are only two kayak accessories, a kayak "center mount" and a kayak "offset" mount. Is this what you mean? https://www.smsparts.com/product-page/8-00-9833-center-pin-y-kayak-mount

Is that the only additional thing I need to buy?
I got that for kayaks. I dont know if youll need that for surf boards. I needed the center and offset for my configuration, because I got the bars that con go on hardtop and without hardtop.

Sponsored

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Is their logo on the bar printed / painted on? Or is it a decal that can be easily removed?

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
DOn't know if I can find a set @Toronto Canada ?
Sponsored