Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
I have a practically brand new 2021 Rubicon MSRP $61,125 with under 2,000 miles on it and I think I want to trade it in for a new 2022 XR v6 (not Hemi 392). How much can I expect the drop in value to be while trading it in? Yes the accident was "technically" my fault and no the Jeep is not totaled. There was about $13,000 worth of damage to the Jeep, but everything damaged has been replaced at the Jeep dearership's body shop. Most of the damage was to the front right passager tire/axle housing/rim, front bumper side/right side suspenson.

Any info helps! Thanks.
Sponsored

goose77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toolsinaction.com
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR, , 84 CJ7 , 22 TREMOR, 23 Model Y
Occupation
Pan Handler
Vehicle Showcase
Lowest condition book value. Maybe a little lower depending on if it looks repaired. Even if its perfect, it will always have that stain on the carfax and makes it a little bit less desirable to most buyers unless they get a deal. A dealer will charge full retail, sell it and most likely not even tell the new owner it was in an accident..

I would find a buyer that doesnt care about the damaged past, as long as its fixed right and they save a few bucks, both buyer and seller happy.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sell it privately, and tell prospective buyers that because all the crappy OE parts were replaced after the accident, the Jeep is now worth more... 😫

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I traded a 2010 Jeep Liberty to my favorite dealer lotsa cars bought there! Paper work almost ready to sign when the Mgr. said you have "CarFax" on that vehicle! I said ya so, all fixed with Jeep parts, a read ender! I should have fixed it myself for bout $250 but seeing that someone else's insurance company was paying I had it fixed, the other drivers insurance paid 4K!!!!

To continue, the Manager said "we have to deduct the cost of repairs from your trade figure"!!! What 4K, yup 4K! I left, went to two other dealers, same thing! Finally after a few days
my original dealer called back and said seeing I had bought 6 Jeeps from them they'd deduct only a thousand bucks! If I had not gone to the other dealers I would not have bought! So yup I went with the thousand buck deduction!

Good luck!

Go Jeep!!!

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
Pull the Carfax yourself and see if the repairs are on there. My JKU was rear ended by a tractor trailer and had to have its frame replaced and it never showed up in the carfax.

Sponsored

OCYJ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You may want to look into filing a Diminished Value Claim with your insurance company. If you can document the lower value because of the accident (Carfax ), depending on your insurance company, coverage, etc. they may have to make up the difference.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
You may want to look into filing a Diminished Value Claim with your insurance company. If you can document the lower value because of the accident (Carfax ), depending on your insurance company, coverage, etc. they may have to make up the difference.
Even if the accident is technically my fault though?

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Get an offer from Carvana and Vroom, disclose everything, if it’s not already on your carfax. That will take 10 minutes. Then, run it with Carmax if you have a couple hours to spare. Take those quotes with you to the dealership, and ask their trade value - share your best offer. “I don’t want to waste my time or yours…” I believe I got great values for a couple recent trades this way.

If I were you, I’d throw a metal cloak 2.5” lift and a set of 35’s. Regear if you want, or not. Boom - better than an XR, and you’ll save lots probably!

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Even if the accident is technically my fault though?
DV is excluded on almost every policies collision coverage. Unless you bought special insurance, nottachance

new vehicles take the biggest hit with a. Accident. Less people care about older vehicles accidents, cause so many have them. Plus 5% of 60k is a lot more than 5% of 5k. Best bet is private party, you’ll take a smaller hit, but expect it to come unless you hold the vehicle longer
Sponsored