Sponsored

Has anyone swapped from halogens to leds?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have been running the beamtechs from Amazon and have never been flashed and the bean cutoff is pretty much where the stock halogens were and they only cost $40, realize though that there are those out there that will blast this upgrade as you are putting LEDS in halogen bases but the beamtechs are supposed to be designed to go in halogen bases.

There is another thing to consider and this is regardless of whether you have factory LEDS or LED bulbs in halogen bases if you lift your Jeep with say 35’s or 37’s and add a 2-3” lift it’s not gonna matter what you have you will be blinding on coming traffic unless you make adjustments period
Sponsored

Last edited:

itstotalbacon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Awesome, thanks!
Looks like I can still adjust with the grill in place. The passenger side is a little tight, but should be enough room to get an allen wrench into position. Here's a few more photos of the DRLs. I'll also get a nice low beam cutoff picture soon.
IMG_0180.jpg
IMG_0181.jpg
IMG_0182.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Those small perimeter lights also are part of the DRL feature, like the way those look. Thanks for the shots, and nice to know you can adjust without grill removal should the need arise. Removing the grill isn't a big deal, but the few times I've done it I still think I'm going to break something :(

As nice as those look, I think w/ a black grill they'd be off the hook! If I were to get those I may consider that too :)

itstotalbacon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Those small perimeter lights also are part of the DRL feature, like the way those look. Thanks for the shots, and nice to know you can adjust without grill removal should the need arise. Removing the grill isn't a big deal, but the few times I've done it I still think I'm going to break something :(

As nice as those look, I think w/ a black grill they'd be off the hook! If I were to get those I may consider that too :)
totally agree on a black grill .... I'm going to added some black trim around the headlights and grill area, so we'll see how that looks. Should add a little depth.

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Damn dude, upset much? I have the same beamtechs in a halogen housing, :surprised:
They throw the same cutoff as the halogen bulbs, I have tested at night both meeting and being followed by my Jeep. I wasn't blinded and didn't have any otherwordly experiences because of "scattered" light. I compared the LEDs to the halogen bulbs and the hi/lo chips are placed in the same spot relative the halogen filaments (see below), soooooo they cast light at the same reflectors with the same angles. When I am following other cars, I don't light up their interior, can tell a definite cutoff just below the top of the trunk for most cars, and have NEVER been flashed.
Now playing devils advocate, I can see where just a standard LED bulb would reflect all over the place, maybe that's what your experience it based on. But these are designed specifically to mimic the halogen filaments and perform well. If you have other scientific evidence that LED light travels in different planes than standard filament produced light, please share.
Just MHO.
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Hi what specific model you bought to replace the hallogen bulb only. thx

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Yeah, I just went with Beamtech LED bulbs on my sport S
I can't justify the price for any of the full conversion options, or the flashing/splicing involved to do it.

So I got beamtechs AND Bartact seat covers for the price of just LED headlights, and when I think about that, it makes LEDs price point pretty ridiculous IMO

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
en, any mod to the light housing needed?
amazon says not fit in jl wrangler.
No modification required. Not sure why Amazon says not compatible as they are plug and play.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
supernova v4 from headlight revolution. got both head and fog lights. $348 for the both and they are great. i was able to install the bulbs without taking the grill off.

Sponsored

GRN ENVE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
installed Quake switchback headlights and foglights ,Oracle LED bulbs for turn signal and DRL.
Quake led tailights.
Less than 700 bucks for the whole makeover.
Well worth it,definitely an improvement over halogen.
All plug and play.

20190818_174107.jpg

20190818_174109.jpg

20191019_163608.jpg

20191019_163713.jpg

20191019_163741.jpg

20191019_163749_007.jpg

20191019_163815.jpg

20191019_163840.jpg

Party Marty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0
Are those the smoke tail lights? How about a pic without the lights on? Thanks.

installed Quake switchback headlights and foglights ,Oracle LED bulbs for turn signal and DRL.
Quake led tailights.
All plug and play.

20190818_174107.jpg

20190818_174109.jpg

20191019_163608.jpg

20191019_163713.jpg

20191019_163741.jpg

20191019_163749_007.jpg

20191019_163815.jpg

20191019_163840.jpg

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Quake led tailights.
All plug and play.
I have the same headlights/fog lights. Absolutely love them. I'm considering the Quake tail lights - kind of expensive but I know they're going to be good quality.

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
There are many threads out there cover LED headlights in depth.

The short of it is Mopar has a conversion kit that requires a dealer flash and is the most expensive, but many like it because it’s factory. Kiwi/Bunker industries has plug and play options available on amazon that many seem to be happy with and are fairly inexpensive (be sure to get the newer models that gave adjustable screws so you don’t have to use washers to aim them). Oracle and Quake are also fairly popular options that are also plug and play. I believe all of these require you to run or splice a wire for power to the DRL halos.

I haven’t decided what my plan is, so in the meantime I put LED bulbs in the stock halogen housings (many think this is a no-no, but I’ll see how it works out for me). Just installed them today but they seem to be great for the money. Others on the forum have said good things about them as well.

What I got:
Headlights: BEAMTECH H13 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9008 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHCQ8KY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yMG0Db8KZWSBN

Fog lights: Alla Lighting CANBUS 2504 PSX24W... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A1YU2TS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Sahara DRLs/turn signals: Jeep JL Front Turn Signal DRL LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RJDWD4X?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Passenger side fog is still a halogen for comparison:

[
How hard were the bulbs to swap out? Did you need to remove the grill to complete?
Sponsored