Sponsored

Has anyone swapped from halogens to leds?

edotdiggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I am having the OEM LEDs installed on my Sport S on Saturday by the dealership. I purchased them online from an authorized MOPAR distributor for $745 which included shipping. (they retail for $900 + the sales tax would have been $957 total so I saved $200) The Jeep came with factory LED taillights.

Then I plan to purchase the steel Rubicon bumper as it comes with the OEM LED fog lights for $820. The bumper is an easy install and does not require dealer to flash BCM when connecting the LED fog lights.

Than I'll upgrade the turn signals (DRLs?) to LED those are $218 ea. but require dealer to flash the BCM.

This is my first Jeep - Im finding out just empty every pocket is a reality!
Hey, I basically went the same route as you did with upgrading my Sahara halogens to OEM LED, (bought the bumper first, then fender DRLs, then headlights). I finally put everything on today and they look amazing. Did you run into error messages due to the drills?
Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, I basically went the same route as you did with upgrading my Sahara halogens to OEM LED, (bought the bumper first, then fender DRLs, then headlights). I finally put everything on today and they look amazing. Did you run into error messages due to the drills?
I haven’t done DRLs yet Only OEM leds as i found out they don’t fit the Sport S fenders. Now I’m thinking of just going to rubi fenders. I’ve read people doing this and using Tazer jl will allow you to program them

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the beamtech bulbs tonight. Impressed so far!! Definitely brighter and cut off line is good. We will see how long they last, but for 40 dollars hard to beat!
Ordered some since they are just $33.14 now.
Sponsored