Sponsored

Has anyone swapped from halogens to leds?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if it’s the difference in the Sport and the Sahara, or maybe you have the 3.6? There is absolutely no way to access mine from the engine compartment.
Yes, I have a 3.6. If you are running a 2.0 there is much more going on in the engine compartment so that could be the reason. But, Sport/Sahara shouldn't matter.
Sponsored

Village Idiot

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the beamtech led headlight replacement bulbs and so far so good. Just ordered some led fog lights. Looking for a decent way to replace the rubicon turn signals and day time running lights. Anyone know the bulbs for this? Looks like there is 2 per fender. I assume they are different than the sport/Sahara turn signals. TIA

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
I have the beamtech led headlight replacement bulbs and so far so good. Just ordered some led fog lights. Looking for a decent way to replace the rubicon turn signals and day time running lights. Anyone know the bulbs for this? Looks like there is 2 per fender. I assume they are different than the sport/Sahara turn signals. TIA
On page one of this thread, second post, a member has posted links for the ones that I used. I didn’t upgrade the DRL and turn signals yet. Still trying to justify the $50 cost for those.

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
For those that have replaced the DRL’s, turn signals, brake lights and reverse bulbs with LED’s: have you had any issues that required resistors? Also curious about if you have those issues, would using the Tazer to enable LED’s correct it?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
For those that have replaced the DRL’s, turn signals, brake lights and reverse bulbs with LED’s: have you had any issues that required resistors? Also curious about if you have those issues, would using the Tazer to enable LED’s correct it?
Only LED set that I had that used resistors were my LED taillights (the resistors were included in the set). My headlights have an anti flicker adapter harness ( so I assume there's a resistor in there) but not a separate resistor. My Oracle LED DRL/turn/switchbacks have CANBUS circuitry built in so no resistor req'd. My fogs were also plug and play.

Sponsored

Dirguo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question- I have heated steering / seats in my JL is there another fuse I can run my DRL to instead of 52? I have the lights set up just haven't installed the DRL

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Quick question- I have heated steering / seats in my JL is there another fuse I can run my DRL to instead of 52? I have the lights set up just haven't installed the DRL
When you use the Micro fuse tap you can still use whatever original fuse that you tapped into (and the function that the fuse was protecting), all the fuse tap does is allow an extra 12v fused source. So you can still tap into fuse 52 or 57, and use the original fuse in the primary slot on the fuse tap and the new DRL fuse on the new fuse run.

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
So I did mine with beam tech 10k lum one.
The bulb is bright and have very good cut off, I did adjust bit downward coz the factory setting seems bit high. So all good, plug and play, no way to get wrong.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
when i swapped out the halogen bulbs for the led bulbs, i was able to swap them without removing the grill. the driver side is tight but doable without removing anything. the passenger side, i had to remove the air box. two screws and it pops out. the dust covers screws off and unplug the old and plug in the new. put the dust cover back on. pop in the air box and done. if you run into trouble with installing the air box, just take off the rubber grommet and put them in the hole in the bottom and align and push in the air box.

this is doable on the 3.6 set up. the 2.0 you will have to remove the grill to access the headlight.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
when i swapped out the halogen bulbs for the led bulbs, i was able to swap them without removing the grill. the driver side is tight but doable without removing anything. the passenger side, i had to remove the air box. two screws and it pops out. the dust covers screws off and unplug the old and plug in the new. put the dust cover back on. pop in the air box and done. if you run into trouble with installing the air box, just take off the rubber grommet and put them in the hole in the bottom and align and push in the air box.

this is doable on the 3.6 set up. the 2.0 you will have to remove the grill to access the headlight.
Yes! Someone else with the same recommendation. I posted the same thing in this thread on the previous page. This was a very quick/easy project without removing the grill on a 3.6.

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I am having the OEM LEDs installed on my Sport S on Saturday by the dealership. I purchased them online from an authorized MOPAR distributor for $745 which included shipping. (they retail for $900 + the sales tax would have been $957 total so I saved $200)....

Then I plan to purchase the steel Rubicon bumper as it comes with the OEM LED fog lights for $820. The bumper is an easy install and does not require dealer to flash BCM when connecting the LED fog lights...
DANG...they're still going for this much ehh? $900 (each?)??? SMH!
I wanted to wait to buy the Mopar LED headlight assemblies but I figured they would be cheaper than $900 by this time. Instead I just replaced my halogen bulbs with Redline Lumtronix plug-in LEDs.

As far as the rubicon bumper with the LED fog assemblies....I bought my bumper from a guy on the forums for $600, and had to purchase the matching LED fog light assemblies for this bumper and it was like $350 per light. Oddly, when I installed them all, the factory LED fog light assemblies began to flicker, not the LED headlight plug-in bulbs. I had to go to a dealership to get the computer flashed so that the fogs could be recognized. The flickering stopped.

NTLV

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Rubicon
Occupation
VIP Host Nightlife
Vehicle Showcase
Beamtech 10k LED Bulbs. Bought on Amazon for $40. They are amazing and easily the most bang for buck upgrade you can get. Direct plug and play no lights on dash or any flickering issues at all. Install took 45 minutes. You can see the difference in one of the pictures below.

B92A04D2-6221-492C-BDA5-E35468E0DD2A.jpeg

7626D056-A50F-4225-BBE9-8D0167C35CBB.jpeg

EAAF8804-7625-43B0-BFC5-B4FBAB5054B6.jpeg

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
I’m getting a hyperflash on my turn signal from the bulbs mentioned in this thread, but only when the headlights are on. Anyone else have this issue? I’m wondering if using the Tazer was to enable LED’s will fix it?

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I bought some Chinese euro tail lights let see if they are good. if not I will go with the smoked out one.

Screenshot_20200116-064759.jpg

Screenshot_20200117-183116.jpg
‘did you put the Chinese euro tail lights on? How were they? Do you have a link?
Sponsored