Has anyone supercharged their JL yet?

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
The only substitute for cubic inches, is cubic feet... ok ok… unless its a hell cat :) , I have a seen a few videos on that package in a JL and Gladiator.. https://binged.it/2Mv58Ol

Pretty impressive.. if I was into mud boggs it would be fun, but I have better things to do with my hard earned $
Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
The higher compression on the new 3.6 is complicating the supercharger application.

ProChargerTECH

First Name
ProCharger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
The higher compression on the new 3.6 is complicating the supercharger application.
Actually, we set our system up very very safe at a moderate boost.
Since we don't know if a person will use our system in FL, or CO, or even CA... we have to account for all variables.

Most that are seeking every last HP they can... change the blower pulley size to make some more boost, and get a custom tune. :)
Is that needed... nope, but is it cool adding even more HP... YES. :)

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Actually, we set our system up very very safe at a moderate boost.
Since we don't know if a person will use our system in FL, or CO, or even CA... we have to account for all variables.

Most that are seeking every last HP they can... change the blower pulley size to make some more boost, and get a custom tune. :)
Is that needed... nope, but is it cool adding even more HP... YES. :)
Passing on the info given to me by Edelbrock at Sema. They said the new gen 3.6 compression was increased from the 2017 version. It’s not that it can’t be done but as we all know , higher compression is the opposite of what is wanted for adding any type of forced induction in any application. No matter what brand name forced induction kit , unfortunately everyone is limited by the parameters of physics.
Higher compression = Less boost is a universal truth.

Last edited:

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
Passing on the info given to me by Edelbrock at Sema. They said the new gen 3.6 compression was increased from the 2017 version. It’s not that it can’t be done but as we all know , higher compression is the opposite of what is wanted for adding any type of forced induction in any application. No matter what brand name forced induction kit , unfortunately everyone is limited by the parameters of physics.
Higher compression = Less boost is a universal truth.
I read somewhere before that PD superchargers are more likely to have detonation at lower rpms than other forms of forced induction because of how they create boost off idle. That might be part of the reason we haven't seen a PD supercharger out yet. The centrifugal and turbo setups can typically run a little more boost the way I understand it.

Just some speculation on my part.

Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Systems Engineer / Blackhawk Pilot
How has the 850RE Transmission faired with increased output from forced induction?

And now with the 2021's how does the eTorque alter the force induction compatibility or requirements, if at all?

Krazyk86cu

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Raptor SCrew, 2013 Boxster S, 2004 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
And now with the 2021's how does the eTorque alter the force induction compatibility or requirements, if at all?
There aren’t any supercharger kits currently compatible with eTorque models. The eTorque models don’t have a traditional alternator so there’s nothing to run the SC pulley.
Sponsored