Sponsored

Has anyone supercharged their JL yet?

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
I was just watching some Ripp supercharger videos and they attain some impressive gains.

Have any of you taken the plunge or driving a supercharged Wrangler?
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was just watching some Ripp supercharger videos and they attain some impressive gains.

Have any of you taken the plunge or driving a supercharged Wrangler?
I had every intention of going the supercharger route off of the showroom floor, but after experiencing the power of a fresh engine (I'm coming out of a '12 Manual Sport with highway gears), I decided to wait... for now. The new Rubicon has impressed me.

The RIPP has excellent numbers, though numbers alone shouldn't be the only factor we consider. For the record, I really want the RIPP, it's just that some of the hard-core guys recommend something that provides instant power vs. needing to spool a bit. Like you, I'm eager to hear the various opinions of the current/upcoming options.

Here's the thread on the topic within this forum: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ripp-supercharger-for-2018-3-6.2745/

OP
OP

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
I had every intention of going the supercharger route off of the showroom floor, but after experiencing the power of a fresh engine (I'm coming out of a '12 Manual Sport with highway gears), I decided to wait... for now. The new Rubicon has impressed me.

The RIPP has excellent numbers, though numbers alone shouldn't be the only factor we consider. For the record, I really want the RIPP, it's just that some of the hard-core guys recommend something that provides instant power vs. needing to spool a bit. Like you, I'm eager to hear the various opinions of the current/upcoming options.

Here's the thread on the topic within this forum: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ripp-supercharger-for-2018-3-6.2745/
Thanks for the link!

Shibito727

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara jl
I have a Sahara jl and recently put in a afe cold air intake... but I'm waiting on a supercharger from ripp to build one for the jl... so my question is.. can you fit in a supercharger and a cold air intake in a 3.6l jl??? And would that cause any problem with the engine with too much airflow?

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
While my jeep is still being built, I do plan to go supercharger down the road. I was told by a mod dealer that they recommend at least 1000 miles on the vehicle before adding one. However, I may go for a bit before I do anything, just to make sure I don't run into some kind of warranty repair.

Sponsored

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
My rubicon was going to Petty’s garage right from my selling dealer but there wasn’t anything available at that time so I’m still on hold. There is no adapter for our 8 speed to any of the V8 hemi motors as of may so I was considering an edelbrock S/C when available. The holdup was tuning for the 8 speed last I heard.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
I hope to one day, the 8 speed and 3.6 charged is handily putting down V8 numbers for 8 k of investment. And the trasmission is the real key to that. Thats a real reason not to get a 2.0. Its going to have a celing as far as safe power goes. Safe to say the right blower or turbo and the 3.6 will put out Raptor numbers.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I hope to one day, the 8 speed and 3.6 charged is handily putting down V8 numbers for 8 k of investment. And the trasmission is the real key to that. Thats a real reason not to get a 2.0. Its going to have a celing as far as safe power goes. Safe to say the right blower or turbo and the 3.6 will put out Raptor numbers.
The Raptor makes 500 lbs/ft of torque stock. The only way to get that with the Pentastar V6 would be to mount two Pentastar V6 engines in series.

A blower on a 3.6L isn't going to feel or perform anywhere remotely close to a healthy V8 either.

I do think it would be PLENTY fast enough with a blower and would be a fun Jeep, but guys need to be realistic with their expectations.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Raptor makes 500 lbs/ft of torque stock. The only way to get that with the Pentastar V6 would be to mount two Pentastar V6 engines in series.

A blower on a 3.6L isn't going to feel or perform anywhere remotely close to a healthy V8 either.

I do think it would be PLENTY fast enough with a blower and would be a fun Jeep, but guys need to be realistic with their expectations.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yeah I've seen that video. That's a 5.3L GM engine...one of the oldest V8s still on the market with the lowest output in a V8.

Run that Sprintex Wrangler against a Durango R/T 392, F-150 5.0, or any modern V8 and let me know how that goes.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I've seen that video. That's a 5.3L GM engine...one of the oldest V8s still on the market with the lowest output in a V8.

Run that Sprintex Wrangler against a Durango R/T 392, F-150 5.0, or any modern V8 and let me know how that goes.
This is what you said: [A blower on a 3.6L isn't going to feel or perform anywhere remotely close to a healthy V8 either.]

I guess we have a different concept of remotely.