Sponsored

Has anyone succussfully flashed aux switches with Tazer?

YarGib

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal, 18 Challenger, 96 Corvette
I have installed the aux switches and flashed with Tazer.I can now see the aux switch options on my 7" uconnect screen. I have no power or lights on switches when I try to use them. Has anyone successfully flashed aux switches with Tazer? I have double checked all wiring and it is correct.
Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I flashed mine with the Taser and works fine.

I had no problems.

Did you go into UConnect and tell it what the switches are set for?

Sounds like a ground problem, but with electrical connections it could be anything.

Good luck.

OP
OP
YarGib

YarGib

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal, 18 Challenger, 96 Corvette
I flashed mine with the Taser and works fine.

I had no problems.

Did you go into UConnect and tell it what the switches are set for?

Sounds like a ground problem, but with electrical connections it could be anything.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply. I did go into uconnect. I'll have to go and recheck everything.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. I did go into uconnect. I'll have to go and recheck everything.
Check with Tazer tech text them. Mine did not work with Tazer, but dealership did it for free when doing cruise control recall.

Fatmac1045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I have installed the aux switches and flashed with Tazer.I can now see the aux switch options on my 7" uconnect screen. I have no power or lights on switches when I try to use them. Has anyone successfully flashed aux switches with Tazer? I have double checked all wiring and it is correct.
Did you ever get the issues sorted?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Did you ever get the issues sorted?
@Fatmac1045

Tazer JL firmware versions prior to the current 11.0.6 had lets say a hiccup with the enabling of AUX.

Not sure if @YarGib 's problem was related to his actual install or with the Tazer JL not enabling the AUX as he was using older firmware then 11.0.6.

Anyway, do know that the Tazer JL with version 11.0.6 has absolutely no problem enabling AUX, if that is what your concern is.

BigMikeSD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Installed the Aux switches, activated with the Tazer JL (ver 11.0.6), full reboot twice with two sleep/wake cycles as suggested on the Z Automotive instructions and nothing. No lights on the switches, no relay clicking, no voltage to any of the aux leads. I'm getting a message in the EVICS: Start/Stop unavailable - Service Start/Stop System. Checked all fuses, the green 5Amp on the line that goes to the battery positive terminal was open (infinite resistance); purchased and installed a new fuse, verified it is closed, and nothing still. Opened the power distribution module and seated the four relays, seated all fuses in the Jeep's fuse box, and still nothing. I did have issues getting the orange lines connected in the passenger side foot panel in that screwy long plastic connecter (why not just connect the wires?); could something not be connecting? I had an independent verification that all the wires are in the correct cavities for the switch connector. I'm at a loss to figure this one out.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BigMikeSD

I have nothing to offer other then to say, multiple guys have posted here, that with the 11.0.6 firmware they were in fact able to enable Aux.

I think one guy posted he could not enable with 11.0.6 firmware on his Tazer JL but in the end found he had a wiring issue. Once the issue was remedied the Tazer JL with 11.0.6, did enable Aux for him.

BigMikeSD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@BigMikeSD

... but in the end found he had a wiring issue. Once the issue was remedied the Tazer JL with 11.0.6, did enable Aux for him.
So, yep it was a wiring issue. I could not get that connector used in the passenger kick panel to connect that two orange wires no matter what I tried, so I took the only other option and wired the two directly together. I then noticed the switches lit up and worked.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BigMikeSD

Thanks much for coming back and letting us know it was indeed a wiring issue versus a TazerJL related hiccup.

Since other's have come here and and stated the Tazer JL with firmware 11.0.6 was able to enable Aux, I was pretty sure you had a wiring issue..

Again, thanks for coming back and letting us know! Often times guys/gals open a can of worms so to speak and then never come back to let all here know the end of the story so to speak.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

What does the Aux Switch display look like on U-Connect - just order the switch and have no clue what I’m doing

J_Mac

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
For the guys who couldn't enable the AUX and found it was because of a wiring issue: prior to correcting the wiring issue, what did the Taser JL display for an AUX option on the dash? How did it change, if at all, once you located and corrected your wiring issue? Troubleshooting the same problem and I'm currently not finding an option for AUX while married with the Taser JL.

Bones

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Installed the Aux switches, activated with the Tazer JL (ver 11.0.6), full reboot twice with two sleep/wake cycles as suggested on the Z Automotive instructions and nothing. No lights on the switches, no relay clicking, no voltage to any of the aux leads. I'm getting a message in the EVICS: Start/Stop unavailable - Service Start/Stop System. Checked all fuses, the green 5Amp on the line that goes to the battery positive terminal was open (infinite resistance); purchased and installed a new fuse, verified it is closed, and nothing still. Opened the power distribution module and seated the four relays, seated all fuses in the Jeep's fuse box, and still nothing. I did have issues getting the orange lines connected in the passenger side foot panel in that screwy long plastic connecter (why not just connect the wires?); could something not be connecting? I had an independent verification that all the wires are in the correct cavities for the switch connector. I'm at a loss to figure this one out.
I'm in the same boat and I'm going to recheck my connections. What were the steps for enabling Aux on the TAzer?

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Dealership enable did it for free when doing a recall update. I heard but cannot confirm with the latest firmware on Tazer it was working to enable AUX switches.
Sponsored