Sponsored

Has anyone succussfully flashed aux switches with Tazer?

jdog09

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S (Sporticon ;-))
I ripped my Jeep Apart and tested everything on the OEM Install. I put it in over the XMas Holiday and just bought a new light bar last week and it didn't work. Had Power everywhere and even the orange wire to the switch. Under 11.03 Aux was showing up on the UConnect and let me play with the options. I really thought I had a bad switch assembly and was going to order another one because I did wire it backwards on initial install to the pin outs on the switch and assume I fried the switch. NOT!!!! Was doing another Google search and happened upon this thread.... Yep.. Upgraded to 11.06 and re-married and BOOM... Worked.. Thanks.
Sponsored

clobato

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392
For those of you that have enabled the Aux with the Tazer, are you getting a new menu on the radio?

I just got a Tazer Mini last week. Before I installed it, I updated the firmware to the latest 11.0.7 beta version to try to keep the parasitic draw as low as possible. I enabled the switches with the Tazer. It looks like the switches now have power. When I hit the switches, they light up and I can hear the relays switching. I haven’t tested to see if I have power to the aux wires under the hood, but I’m assuming they’re working since everything else seems to work. The thing though is that I can’t find any menus on the radio to change the settings for the switches. Does this make sense?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@clobato

I'm hesitant to say much.. What I would want to know before I say anything is, whether or not the Aux wires have power going to them.

How about unwrapping the AUX bundle and testing one of the 4 Aux wires and see.

Let us know what you see.

Also ...which 11.07 firmware? E, H or J did you place on the Mini.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@clobato

Ok, I had my morning coffee and...

Anyway, I would still like to know if there is power to Aux wires, so do check. Do this first!

Also, if you did not do a proper full reboot after enabling Aux with the Mini, the radio/Uconnect may have not noticed the change - that would explain why Aux switches would work but the radio choices are missing. I am not guessing at this... this is fact.

So, with that said, do read over the User Guide for the Tazer JL firmware and pay close attention in regard to ...how to do a proper full reboot. DO read very closely about the time span of the full reboot, the evic red light and about the driver's door opening/closing.

NOW, if you do go in and enable Aux .. and do a full reboot, and still see nothing setting wise in radio settings.. I suggest that you put final firmware 11.0.6 on the Mini and then try Aux enable again.

Doing this rules out an issue with 11.0.7 not handling Aux enable. IF this is the case, Joe will need to know there is an issue regarding this and beta 11.0.7. ----- E, H or J 11.0.7

Also: It has been reported here, that it has on occasion, taken a couple of tries to get Aux enabled with 11.0.6 ... so, do repeated attempts with proper full reboot each time.

Yes, Uconnect is fickle. I don't envy Joe, trying to code around Uconnect.

Try the aforementioned, and post back here.

clobato

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392
@clobato

I'm hesitant to say much.. What I would want to know before I say anything is, whether or not the Aux wires have power going to them.

How about unwrapping the AUX bundle and testing one of the 4 Aux wires and see.

Let us know what you see.

Also ...which 11.07 firmware? E, H or J did you place on the Mini.
@clobato

Ok, I had my morning coffee and...

Anyway, I would still like to know if there is power to Aux wires, so do check. Do this first!

Also, if you did not do a proper full reboot after enabling Aux with the Mini, the radio/Uconnect may have not noticed the change - that would explain why Aux switches would work but the radio choices are missing. I am not guessing at this... this is fact.

So, with that said, do read over the User Guide for the Tazer JL firmware and pay close attention in regard to ...how to do a proper full reboot. DO read very closely about the time span of the full reboot, the evic red light and about the driver's door opening/closing.

NOW, if you do go in and enable Aux .. and do a full reboot, and still see nothing setting wise in radio settings.. I suggest that you put final firmware 11.0.6 on the Mini and then try Aux enable again.

Doing this rules out an issue with 11.0.7 not handling Aux enable. IF this is the case, Joe will need to know there is an issue regarding this and beta 11.0.7. ----- E, H or J 11.0.7

Also: It has been reported here, that it has on occasion, taken a couple of tries to get Aux enabled with 11.0.6 ... so, do repeated attempts with proper full reboot each time.

Yes, Uconnect is fickle. I don't envy Joe, trying to code around Uconnect.

Try the aforementioned, and post back here.
@Rhinebeck01

I agree, my first step is to check if I have power at the aux wires under the hood. I just haven’t had time to dig into it.

I’m running the 11.0.7J beta version of the firmware.

I did do the reboot on the Tazer menu, a couple times actually as I had made several changes as I learned the various options. I’m not sure if the opening of the door and the ignition cycles would have been adequate though, so that may be part of the issue. I’ll have to check on that.

I’ll try to dig into the issue this weekend, and if all else fails, I’ll revert back to 11.0.6 and see if that helps. I’ll keep you posted on the outcome.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored

clobato

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392
@Rhinebeck01

Thanks for the help! I’ve only had the Tazer for a couple days, but I’m amazed at what this thing is capable of!

It looks like the issue was just the reboot cycle and opening the door/cycling the ignition enough. I first installed the Tazer on Friday and just didn’t cycle enough before I started searching through the radio settings. I just checked and everything seems to be good. I have the menu now and I just temporarily hooked a light up to one of the wires and I have power.

413E6271-53D8-4633-A29E-042E1CE31DCB.jpeg

3622D06E-F169-4245-A6AA-4218E7839636.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01

Thanks for the help! I’ve only had the Tazer for a couple days, but I’m amazed at what this thing is capable of!

It looks like the issue was just the reboot cycle and opening the door/cycling the ignition enough. I first installed the Tazer on Friday and just didn’t cycle enough before I started searching through the radio settings. I just checked and everything seems to be good. I have the menu now and I just temporarily hooked a light up to one of the wires and I have power.

413E6271-53D8-4633-A29E-042E1CE31DCB.jpeg

3622D06E-F169-4245-A6AA-4218E7839636.jpeg
@clobato

Ok, good to hear. Credit yourself for coming here asking and then listening lets say.

YES. the Tazer JL is terrific.
Sponsored