Sponsored

Has anyone started a Spreadsheet with # of issues and by build month?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I'm just wondering if someone here has started some type of Excel sheet or POLL with Number of Issues and by Build Month of their JL. I'm curious to see if anything at all has been resolved by Jeep at the moment. Reason I ask is because I'm going to be needing a new Vehicle by end of summer or I may be able to push till about December. I'd really like to get a JL and not have to settle for a JK.
Sponsored

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Ruben!

Don't spend too much time reading about problems, really the vast majority are doing fine. My fully loaded Sahara was built in Feb and I took delivery in March. About this time I read all of the remarks about rust welds etc. I crawled under mine and didn't see any before purchase and so took delivery. All the posts here made me really nervous... it was all in vain.

Bottom line. I have had ZERO trouble, it seems like there's just no quality issue worth whining about here from my perspective. It's my first Jeep, so that may be part of it. I don't think the spreadsheet is really needed... FCA tracks issues and does recalls. Mine had one for the cruise control and it was just a software update. If you are really uncertain, just purchase an extended warranty. I got an 8 year one... they also sell a lifetime warranty.

ShariJoy

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sahara JLU
Hey Ruben!

Don't spend too much time reading about problems, really the vast majority are doing fine. My fully loaded Sahara was built in Feb and I took delivery in March. About this time I read all of the remarks about rust welds etc. I crawled under mine and didn't see any before purchase and so took delivery. All the posts here made me really nervous... it was all in vain.

Bottom line. I have had ZERO trouble, it seems like there's just no quality issue worth whining about here from my perspective. It's my first Jeep, so that may be part of it. I don't think the spreadsheet is really needed... FCA tracks issues and does recalls. Mine had one for the cruise control and it was just a software update. If you are really uncertain, just purchase an extended warranty. I got an 8 year one... they also sell a lifetime warranty.
Thanks Ken! I've wanted a Wrangler for decades but my husband said they'd be too basic for my liking and "mall crawling". Then he saw a Sahara. I posted something unrelated on another board and received a reply stating that I better check here because "all my bells and whistles won't be worth a thing if my Sahara is in the shop for a month." Negative Ned! Glad things are going well for you and thanks for sharing your positive experience!

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I would be worried. I looked ad more than a dozen JLU's on the lots of 3 different dealers in Northern Colorado. Every one of them had bad welds and welds that weren't covered with paint due to slag. Pay very close attention to your frame. Welds should not have copper looking spots on them.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
HERE IS MY LIST OF ISSUES 2018 RUBICON JLUR ISSUES TO DATE 0. 0. 0 ZERO ISSUES
No weld issues. I'm happy MILES WITH SMILES
Thanks
Sponsored