Sponsored

Has anyone seen Half Doors in real photos / in person?

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
The video showing the install, that's now deleted, showed the doors without mirrors and included a section how how to remove them from the full doors and reinstall them on the half.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-door-installation-video-for-jl-jlu-jt.66917/
The paper instructions that come with the doors indicate this step is only for JT models.

I can tell you for a fact that on my JLR the half doors are fully functional and include power mirrors, power locks, and even ambient lighting of the door release handle. They do NOT include the door check that holds the door open, instead having just the limit strap as on JK's.

I can also tell you that FCA does not fit the doors to the Jeep prior to shipment. That is up to you and/or your dealer. I can also tell you that in my case the passenger door striker needed 1/4" of adjustment meaning every time I switch between full and half doors I'll have to either live with the door being out of alignment or adjust the striker.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone seen Half Doors in real photos / in person? IMG_3095.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone seen Half Doors in real photos / in person? IMG_3099.JPG

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Is the door side adjustable at all?

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Can we see what the soft half looks like fully installed? I think we all agree that the bottom half by itself looks sharp, but more concerned about the fit and function of the whole assembly, especially in rain, snow, high winds, highway speeds, etc.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The paper instructions that come with the doors indicate this step is only for JT models.

I can tell you for a fact that on my JLR the half doors are fully functional and include power mirrors, power locks, and even ambient lighting of the door release handle. They do NOT include the door check that holds the door open, instead having just the limit strap as on JK's.

I can also tell you that FCA does not fit the doors to the Jeep prior to shipment. That is up to you and/or your dealer. I can also tell you that in my case the passenger door striker needed 1/4" of adjustment meaning every time I switch between full and half doors I'll have to either live with the door being out of alignment or adjust the striker.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone seen Half Doors in real photos / in person? 6C8F14ED-AB30-4136-8BB2-758EA3C8A640

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone seen Half Doors in real photos / in person? 6C8F14ED-AB30-4136-8BB2-758EA3C8A640
Now that is what a Jeep is supposed to look like.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Can we see what the soft half looks like fully installed? I think we all agree that the bottom half by itself looks sharp, but more concerned about the fit and function of the whole assembly, especially in rain, snow, high winds, highway speeds, etc.
I'll have to install my soft top first. Hard top isn't going back on for a while.

There is no doubt the full doors will provide better visibility and be quieter. Looking over the instructions, I feel they can be adjusted to be just as water tight as full doors (which is to say not perfect) but there is a reason you can only get these as a dual door option - winter.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...there is a reason you can only get these as a dual door option - winter.
?
So far as I know, the JL generation is the first to force a dual door group purchase. E.g., YJs came standard with half doors and soft uppers; full-size doors were an a la carte option.

Jeep owners have lived through winter with soft uppers for generations now.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Those of you that ordered half doors; were you able to get the dual door group with dual top group? My dealer is telling me it’s not possible...

I asked the same question in another thread before I found this one.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
The video showing the install, that's now deleted, showed the doors without mirrors and included a section how how to remove them from the full doors and reinstall them on the half.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-door-installation-video-for-jl-jlu-jt.66917/
Check this video at minute 5:10
Interesting to see half doors on a JT... looks like the body line is different as the rear door does not line up with the aft portion of the cab/box lines.
Sponsored