Sponsored

Has anyone run both BFG KO2 and Goodyear Duratrac?

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
I had 33" Duratracs on my JK and liked them.

My 2020 JL Rubicon came with the factory 33" KO2s, I pulled them off after two weeks and replaced them with 35" Duratracs. I would have saved money going with the KOs over the DTs. Having run both, I think they are similar in ride noise and handling. Duratracs just look more aggressive and they say Wrangler on the side, so...
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Another vote for the Goodyear Duratracs - I can’t say enough good things about these. When it comes to wet weather/slippery surfaces/poor traction, these perform exceptionally well. The tread not only looks aggressive but is also VERY functional.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had both on my JK in 285/70-17 and liked them both. The goodyears seemed to wear faster though. I have only bought BFG's since.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Have run both, duratracs got loud and slippery on wet roads after about 40k miles, still had some tread on them when I sold them.
Same here. Still had tread left but after sliding through a stop sign in the rain I ditched them. The DTs seem to not age so well.

OP
OP

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
I had 33" Duratracs on my JK and liked them.

My 2020 JL Rubicon came with the factory 33" KO2s, I pulled them off after two weeks and replaced them with 35" Duratracs. I would have saved money going with the KOs over the DTs. Having run both, I think they are similar in ride noise and handling. Duratracs just look more aggressive and they say Wrangler on the side, so...
There is that, I do like the outline white letters too, would look good on my white jeep

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Same here. Still had tread left but after sliding through a stop sign in the rain I ditched them. The DTs seem to not age so well.
This is true. I always get rid of mine before this point. If try to squeeze every mile out of a tire the DT's do go down hill at higher mileages.

OP
OP

01tj

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2001 Wrangler, Kia Optima, possibly 2018 Wrangler unlimited
This is true. I always get rid of mine before this point. If try to squeeze every mile out of a tire the DT's do go down hill at higher mileages.
I've noticed the really don't
My Duratracs are black walls
Both sides? I wonder it some sizes are white and some not

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have never had a problem with KO2s.

I drove down a short gravel road with virtually new Duratracs and got a tire puncture from a piece of gravel getting between the treads. I pulled the gravel out myself, so I know that is what is was. I can’t recommend Duratracs.

Sponsored

Dalton07

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Daewoo Tocsa
I tried both BFG KO2 vs Goodyear Duratrac and found some slight differences. Duratrac was still better when it came to braking distance, while BFG KO2 won when it came to maneuverability. The BFG KO2 wasn’t too bad, but it has a huge traction difference from Goodyear Duratrac on snow roads.

Last edited:

Aquastream

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, Hella Yella, 2.0 T
I’ve ran both.
315/70 duratracs currently.
Duratracs get my vote. I think maybe KO2s tread life could be better but over all I’d pick duratracs

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've had duratracs on a WK2 grand Cherokee and ko2 on my wrangler. The duratracs are significantly better for snow and other off pavement driving. They are grippy as hell on pretty much anything. They do get a little noisier as they wear, but it's not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be, they're not like MTs. Totally tolerable in my opinion.
KO2's have the advantage of better treadwear, usually less expensive, and more size options available. I couldn't do duratracs on my wrangler because I think they max out at 34 or 35". But didn't really want to stay with ko2 either, so I went with nitro ridge grapplers, which I love so far.

Aquastream

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, Hella Yella, 2.0 T
I've noticed the really don't

Both sides? I wonder it some sizes are white and some not
35s are black walls
I painted my 315/70s with a white paint marker
My friend’s 33x12.5x15 duratracs come with raised white lettering
I think 33 and smaller have white lettering

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I own several jeeps and have Duratracs on one of them, and KO2's on another. I drive in big snow, located in a remote area in the High Sierra. I can say unequivocally that the Duratracs are the WORST in the snow...by far. I love the Duratracs when I am driving offroad, but on pavement, you would do better with almost any other tire. Sorry, but there is no comparison in my opinion, based on driving for many years in snow. How much snow? *This is a typical winter...

Go with the KO2's.

Just my .02.
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone run both BFG KO2 and Goodyear Duratrac? IMG_5560
Sponsored