Sponsored

has anyone resisted a throttle enhancer after trying?

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
wow, PCs are now $350 😳
And I don't think it will change your 0-60s
And I don't think it "increases the speed of the electronic signal"
Overboosted, you are making a good decision trying this out. I don't think that it lowers the 0-60 at all, but it greatly increases the seat-of-the-pants feel (and isn't that what it's all about). Within the first 10 seconds of trying it you'll say "oh...I get it now". I keep mine at City+1

You will not be sorry. No one ever is.
Sponsored

Reactions: KNN

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I can only say it totally changed the feel of my Diesel....I did a Banks pedal monster and tuner. I haven't installed the tuner yet. It is an amazing change for the good.
Wait until you put the tuner on! It is awesome...Don't regret either one.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I can only say it totally changed the feel of my Diesel....I did a Banks pedal monster and tuner. I haven't installed the tuner yet. It is an amazing change for the good.
James, you can now see how much the throttle enhancer is different from just-push-harder-on-the-accelerator. On the surface, pushing harder is a logical response. In fact, I thought the same thing when I first heard about the concept. This is the most "shoulda come from the factory this way" product I've seen for the Ecodiesel.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Im running a pedal commander on Performance 2 and that is perfect for me and 37's. It feels more responsive. But my fuel economy has tanked LOL! Would recommend to anyone in a eco-diesel!

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I have the pedal monster and derringer with the idash. It is a totally different vehicle running around in sport mode and on level 3 on derringer. Put it in track mode and on 6 and i watch my fuel gauge drop as I play around, but it is so much more fun!

I mounted my gauge on my bullet point mount on the dash.

2020 JLURD on 37's

Sponsored

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Can someone explain to me HOW a throttle thingy reduces input lag? I had one on my 2017 Camaro SS. Didn't do jack sh!t.

Here's the thing. If you're talking about remapping the throttle percentages, that's one thing. They can certainly do that, and do it well. For instance, let's say that a stock pedal has a 1:1 ratio. You push the pedal 5%, it gives 5% throttle. Then you install the module, and adjust it so that a 5% pedal push returns 10% throttle. Yes, that will make the vehicle "feel" faster.

But, these cannot reduce lag. Not just don't reduce - CANNOT. Nothing can make the signal reach the engine faster (it will actually increase the time, since you've installed another component in between the pedal and ECU). Nothing will make the turbo spool faster.

Unless it can. But, I'm going to need someone to explain to me how installing an additional component will make electrons move faster, or an ECU compute faster.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
They don’t change signal input lag, they remove the (EPA) programmed in lag.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just watch the first minute or so of the video and you will see what they all do...granted this is an advertisement against knockoffs so you don't need to watch the whole thing unless it intrigues you like it did me.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Can someone explain to me HOW a throttle thingy reduces input lag? I had one on my 2017 Camaro SS. Didn't do jack sh!t.

Here's the thing. If you're talking about remapping the throttle percentages, that's one thing. They can certainly do that, and do it well. For instance, let's say that a stock pedal has a 1:1 ratio. You push the pedal 5%, it gives 5% throttle. Then you install the module, and adjust it so that a 5% pedal push returns 10% throttle. Yes, that will make the vehicle "feel" faster.

But, these cannot reduce lag. Not just don't reduce - CANNOT. Nothing can make the signal reach the engine faster (it will actually increase the time, since you've installed another component in between the pedal and ECU). Nothing will make the turbo spool faster.

Unless it can. But, I'm going to need someone to explain to me how installing an additional component will make electrons move faster, or an ECU compute faster.
In the context of your Camaro, you're right, it won't do much of anything on a naturally-aspirated vehicle (especially with a manual). But...on the Ecodiesel it's very effective.

Can't say it enough: the sensation can't be "explained", just experienced. And...to be clear, it is just a sensation, but after the 1st 10 seconds, you'll say "oh...I get it now" The seat-of-the-pants feeling is there in spades, but the stopwatch won't capture ANY improvement.

That's why I asked if any Ecodiesel owners were disappointed. I can't imagine that there is even one regretful purchaser out there. If there is, step forward and give us your critique.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
honestly, if you ever heard an old hot rodder pop his throttle and hear the instant rev and then the motor falls back down to idle and then hear a newer car try and do the same, the motor winds up and then winds down but no instant up like they used to. that is because of the throttle body signal lag put in for better fuel economy. the first generation mustangs and (firebird) camaro's throttle bodies did not have the lag and it got them in trouble with the EPA. 93/94 I believe.

Sponsored

4x4 Mule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red JL
I recently traded my 2020 GC North Edition for a 2022 Ram 4x4 Truck. The GC North package had a factory ‘Sport’ button on the dash that acted like a ‘Pedal Commander’ and made the engine RPM/throttle response 3X better. It was sweet. I recently ordered a diesel Wrangler and will definitely be adding a Pedal Commander to it.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Do they come with preset modes or "tunes"? I'm all for a better running diesel and care less about the speed and 0-60, but I'm not about to go down the road of guessing settings such as when you do a bunch of mods to a turbo'd car and need the ECU remapped after this and that, including a dyno tune etc. Does it let the diesel be happier as a diesel basically? And what does each module do, Banks vs Derringer. I'm good with pulling it for any factory warranty things within the first 36k or extended time, just reset to OEM specs and have the work done, then restore?

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Does the banks one with i dash super gauge let u see regents and other info or is that just the tuner thing?

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
honestly, if you ever heard an old hot rodder pop his throttle and hear the instant rev and then the motor falls back down to idle and then hear a newer car try and do the same, the motor winds up and then winds down but no instant up like they used to. that is because of the throttle body signal lag put in for better fuel economy. the first generation mustangs and (firebird) camaro's throttle bodies did not have the lag and it got them in trouble with the EPA. 93/94 I believe.
Fuel injection showed up in the Camaro and Mustang in the 80s.

First generation of each of those cars was in the 60s. They were up to the 4th generation each by 93/94.
Sponsored