Sponsored

has anyone resisted a throttle enhancer after trying?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Reducing engineered-in lag, throttle enhancers really wake up the Ecodiesel. Has anyone actually installed one on their Ecodiesel and found it not to their liking?
Sponsored

DTOM76

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I can only say it totally changed the feel of my Diesel....I did a Banks pedal monster and tuner. I haven't installed the tuner yet. It is an amazing change for the good.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Why not just push the pedal farther?

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Why not just push the pedal farther?
Not sure if you're joking, but If you'd ever driven a throttle enhancer equipped Ecodiesel, you wouldn't ask. That said, it's a logical question, but, no, you can't get the same effect by pushing the accelerator harder. [unless you have the consistent precision of a robot. Wait...that's basically what a throttle enhancer is. :)]

This is one of those products that must be experienced. I asked my original question because it's hard to believe that an owner could try one and be anything but delighted.

It literally transforms the driving experience. I'm just trying to share the wealth.

Bluesharp

First Name
Bluesharp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara diesel , 1966 MGB
Occupation
Prison dentist...no, seriously 😷 RETIRED!!!
👆👆👆 agreed. My previous diesel bmw had a standard mode, econ mode, sport mode and sport + mode. I kept it in sport.

The jl without a throttle controller is similar to what econ was in the bmw....the power is there, you just have to consciously reach for it.

With the controller, depending on how you program it, it can be like full throttle with a slight press on the accelerator peddle (way too much imo), or dial it back somewhere closer to sport mode. It feels like a big ole gas V8 with torque for days....a whole different driving experience.

I think Jeep should have various settings like the bmw. (Driving in snow I turn the controller off).

Sponsored

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
I turn my power monster down when it rains/snows to be safe and turn back up as soon as weather is good again. It’s such a dramatic change.

I agree, you could keep it stock but once you experience it, I’m not sure you could ever go back.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
My Pedal Monster is ready to be installed after the break-in period, but I will probably leave out the derringer for a little while more.

Deleted member 59498

Whoa... my first cash to be taken after getting new JL??

Maybe dumb question is there different versions? Like who you would recommend for buying?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whoa... my first cash to be taken after getting new JL??

Maybe dumb question is there different versions? Like who you would recommend for buying?
Banks and Pedal Commander are the two market leaders. That said, they are pretty much all the same. It's boneheadedly simple technology. Their job is to restore what Jeep programed out to maximize the EPA testing protocol.

Dcurtis50

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon diesel
never mind, read some of your other posts, guess I am ordering one now...

These new vehicles are all electronic. The pedal monster increases the speed of the electronic signal from the pedal to the engine. It does not increase H.P. but allows you to go through your gears quicker (not winding out 4th and 5th) increasing your 0-60 time considerably. Go to u-tube and look at videos on pedal monsters on jeeps.

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
I have a Banks Pedal Monster for my 392 Challenger. It makes a huge difference in the seat of the pants feel. There is for sure a noticeable difference.