Sponsored

Has anyone removed the plastic end/transition pieces on the OEM rear bumper? Pictures?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
CT, my .02 is drive it off road and flex it out, you’ll see what you need to do with the pinch seam. It won’t puncture your tire with that much bump. It will get into it but it won’t penetrate it. Also from looking at this picture, you did a great job centering your wheels in the well, so I wouldn’t mess with moving your axle to fix it , I’d like to see you trim instead. To me , a trimmed pinch looks a lot better than the wheel to far forward in the well....... just saying.......
AF2C8FF5-561F-49FE-A1F0-6FA9872A9089.jpeg

This my pinch, to be honest , you actually forget that you done it after a while.

6467E67C-BBA9-4BFB-8EF1-19485124A10E.png
My thoughts exactly, as far as the rear axle. I'd rather trim the seam and have a centered axle and maximum departure angle. Plus, it looks wrong when you see a lifted Jeep that still has stock rear control arms, or ones that were adjusted to factory lengths.
Sponsored

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
3 screws hold the plastic fender to bumper filler panel, and 2 bolts holding a sheet metal bracket to the frame. I put the frame bolts back in the holes, sans the bracket. I gave the end of the factory steel bumper a nice whack with a rubber mallet before and after removing that bracket, and didn't notice any loss of bumper support. That convinced me that the bracket is more for supporting the plastic than the bumper itself.

1st two pics are more recent, 3rd and 4th are back with the Dynatrac lift and still waiting on the rear liners.
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone removed the plastic end/transition pieces on the OEM rear bumper?  Pictures? IMG_3217
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone removed the plastic end/transition pieces on the OEM rear bumper?  Pictures? IMG_3217
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted your opinion on this. I am running the steel rear without the brackets, and I noticed significant vibration/ movement when tapping it. Heck even closing the pass. Rear door caused it to vibrate. Any recommendations for reinforcement or better off getting a diff bumper? Thx.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted your opinion on this. I am running the steel rear without the brackets, and I noticed significant vibration/ movement when tapping it. Heck even closing the pass. Rear door caused it to vibrate. Any recommendations for reinforcement or better off getting a diff bumper? Thx.
It all depends on how you use your Jeep and/or how you want it to look.

I personally wanted a stronger bumper that wouldn't flex into the body when being dragged off a ledge. I also wanted increased ground clearance and departure angle. Plus, the factory steel bumper looks unfinished with all the end plastics deleted. I opted for the Cavfab Ultra Clearance rear bumper. They have a number of high quality options. Here's my before and after pics...

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone removed the plastic end/transition pieces on the OEM rear bumper?  Pictures? 20200813_083647_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone removed the plastic end/transition pieces on the OEM rear bumper?  Pictures? 20220305_101559_resized_20220424-124422
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone removed the plastic end/transition pieces on the OEM rear bumper?  Pictures? 1590247435754
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone removed the plastic end/transition pieces on the OEM rear bumper?  Pictures? 20211014_133132
Sponsored