Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The big change on the doors of the JL are the "limiters" (yes I know that not what they're called) that keep the doors from swinging freely when opened. I am not a fan because I take my doors off and on so often. Is there a way to remove them all together? Has anyone done it? I saw a video where what appeared to be a Jeep rep says you can just push them all the way in the door and not use them. While I'm sure this is probably possible, I have all read several threads where people have accidentally pushed them in too far and it was next to impossible to pull them back out. I definitely don't want to get into that situation as I would like to be able to connect them easily in the winter months.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Just let them pop into the door. People who are complaining about how hard it is to get them back out are being dramatic.

Space ace

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Probably the best new feature on the JL.. it’s one more bolt to remove.. to each their own..

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I understand the question. I don't leave the hinge bolts in so without the door check I could take the doors off in a couple of minutes.

But I really like the door checks and it only takes about 10 minutes to take off all 4 doors. To me it is worth it.

Last edited:

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Probably the best new feature on the JL.. it’s one more bolt to remove.. to each their own..
Oh hell yes. I even bought the star fabricating ones for my JK. Was one of the first things I noticed on the JL. Love them.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I can't imagine doing all that shit to take them off.you probably drop and break the window. When all you have to do is push it in the door, put some tape on the backside of it if you're worried about scratching.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
They are a PITA. But, the wife likes them, so...

mtristi37

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering Student
they are a total pain in the ass im hoping someone down the line will come up with some type of quick release system for them rather than taking the bolt in and out always

Sponsored

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto

Dito

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Honestly, a couple of times I’ve walked into the edge of the door because my JL door doesn’t open up as freely as my JK door did (and quickly looked around to see if anyone was watching :facepalm:). Still, I like the feature as I don’t have to worry about the door slamming shut. Snow means I haven’t tried taking them off yet.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
With a soft top, the soft top rails end where the door gap starts. Water runs like a faucet from these rails, down the door gap, and freezes in the limiters. Multiple times this winter I couldn't open my front doors due to this...

Horrible design flaw.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
With a soft top, the soft top rails end where the door gap starts. Water runs like a faucet from these rails, down the door gap, and freezes in the limiters. Multiple times this winter I couldn't open my front doors due to this...

Horrible design flaw.
Wow. Never thought of that. I have the problem with the rails but it isn't cold enough down here to freeze the doors shut. I've been kind of surprised no third part has come up with a solution for the rails.

hotttdogggg

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
they are a total pain in the ass im hoping someone down the line will come up with some type of quick release system for them rather than taking the bolt in and out always
Quick Release: Sharp knife
Sponsored