Sponsored

Has Anyone Recived a 2 door yet?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
A lot of jeeps on this site are rubis. A lot of Jeeps in the real world are sports.
This site does, for some reason, appear to make the pavement pounding not-offroad Rubicon buyers swarm here.

I'll offroad harder with a Sport than 80% of the "Rubi" buyers here haha
Sponsored

OP
OP
rickyrobert

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
A lot of jeeps on this site are rubis. A lot of Jeeps in the real world are sports.
Intresting... Havent seen either in real life yet

OP
OP
rickyrobert

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
This site does, for some reason, appear to make the pavement pounding not-offroad Rubicon buyers swarm here.

I'll offroad harder with a Sport than 80% of the "Rubi" buyers here haha
I might still end up with a sport. Slowly leaning that way cause i dont do hardcore offroading

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
The long indeterminate wait time is probably the major reason that I have not ordered one yet. If I knew the exact day that it was going to be in, I could work around that, but I'm out of town often and sometimes out of the country for a month at a time. I don't want the vehicle to arrive at the dealership and sit on their lot where they might be tempted to sell it out from underneath me. I had that happen once when I found a new vehicle in Florida that I was wanting (could not find exactly what I wanted in Houston). I gave them a $500 deposit on a credit card to hold the vehicle for me until I could pick it up in a week since I was already scheduled to be in South Florida that week and could pick it up on my way back to Houston. When I got to the dealership, they had sold it.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I dropped my wife off at the airport this morning for a 3-week trip that she and a bunch of other old cackling hens are taking to Europe and the UK. I figured I might as well stop at a couple of the car dealerships on the way back to see what I could get to trade-in or sell my existing pickup. I've had it for 14 years, but it's only got 88K miles on it so far. CarMax offered me $7K. I then checked out the dealership where I got the best price on the JL and they were willing to give me $3300. One of the other places that I stopped at said that they don't buy cars, but I should check with Texas Direct Auto (TDA) since they seem to give the best prices. After a bit of haggling, they offered $7500.

So, I just finished emptying everything out of my truck. I was hoping that I would find the 2nd key and remote lost somewhere in there, but no such luck. I did find a garage door remote that had been missing for at least 6 months. Oh well, off to TDA to get my check for $7500 and I will order the JL later today. The sales guy at the dealership said that if it comes in while I'm out of the country in August, he will lock it up and not allow it to be sold out from underneath me (like happened before at another dealership).

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I hate how it looks red in pictures. It's an elusive color for the camera to capture. It's orange though. Sometimes in bright sun it looks reddish but otherwise it's definitely orange
If it's really orange , why then are both the red hook on the front bumper , and the red tail light lens , both the same red as in the photo ? The front fender orange turn signal light is orange . lol . Memo to @jman : it's red , bro .

Sharkbite22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
When did you order yours?
I ordered this same jeep in a soft top 8 weeks or so ago. No VON, no VIN, no information or returned calls of any kind from local dealer so started checking online inventories out to the 150 mile max. Found this hard top showing as "In Transit" at a dealer 3 hours away. Called and they said it had just come in that day. Went and got it the next day.

T's Jeep

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S - 2 door
I just picked mine up yesterday. Ordered back the middle of February. The dealer said it was the first two door he had seen.

Attachments

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
TDA provided me with an Uber lift back home after selling them my Ram yesterday. I used my banks Android app to electronically deposit the check into my account. Was going to go up to the Jeep dealership to finalize the order and give them a deposit, but the sales guy was leaving the office when I called, so I'll end up doing it today.

Considering how long I kept my Ram and my current age, there's a good chance that the Jeep will be the last vehicle that I will buy in my life. For some reason, it doesn't sound so good when you put it that way... :(

"Youth is wasted on the young"...

Gill

First Name
Gill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80,84,85 CJ. 83 Scrambler 2912 JKU 2018 JL Rubicon (ordered)
I got my Red Rubicon 2 door the middle of May, it had been on order since Feb 15. I got Red with painted top and fenders, added all the options except smokers group. I got the Rubicon because I wanted to be able to have one factory built instead of adding six or eight thousand in aftermarket like I did my JKU Sahara. The Rubicon is just a great looking Jeep and so far I love it. Haven't had the chance to do much yet but plan to soon.
Sponsored