First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Nope, I was specifically talking about the rear shocks.
The rear shocks on the XR are mounted differently then the standard 392 ? I have not even looked at one. I’m still waiting for my email like the one you received from Jeep….

Now I see what you mean about the rear shocks
i wonder why they chose to change that?

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone received their 392 Extreme Recon 1638282407523
Sponsored

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
The rear shocks on the XR are mounted differently then the standard 392 ? I have not even looked at one. I’m still waiting for my email like the one you received from Jeep….

Now I see what you mean about the rear shocks
i wonder why they chose to change that?

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone received their 392 Extreme Recon 1638282407523
I wish I knew but I’m not a fan at all.

OP
OP

M.F

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler 392 extreme recon
Update!!!!!! it has finally be completed. I should have it in the next 2 weeks. Excited to have it

Petes_392

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee, 2021 Rubicon 392
I placed an order on Oct 8th for a 2022. On Nov 25th a local dealer posted an ad for an almost identical Jeep to my order and claimed it was already at the local rail yard to be delivered to them.
Long story short, I bought it and canceled my order. Just got lucky I guess.
The original order date on my purchased Jeep was June 30th and it arrived at the dealer Saturday Dec 4th.
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone received their 392 Extreme Recon 20211206_161418

JFEdwards

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep lifted with 37" tires
Mine was just pushed to 2022. I placed the order on 8/29/21. No new ship date estimate.
Bought mine August 11th. Jeep customer care said it’s shipping out the week of January 6th. Is this still a 2021 if they create a sticker in 2022?

Sponsored

JFEdwards

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bought mine August 11th. Jeep customer care said it’s shipping out the week of January 6th. Is this still a 2021 if they create a sticker in 2022?
Forgot to mention sold my 2015 to the dealer back when I originally ordered my Jeep 392 July 15th! (The trade in value was more than I expected. Wasn’t going to trade it in. Just in for an oil change and wound up handing him the keys!) Had some reservations on the original 392’s rims & quickly changed the order after seeing the xr at Chicago Auto Show and it first becoming available on Jeeps website. Jeepless in Chicago for almost 6 months after driving one since 1995!

JFEdwards

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That`s great news! Judging by your user name is it safe to assume that you fly a Robinson R44?
Brian had mentioned that he had a Hydro blue 392 XR coming in.
This was my 2015 in Hydro blue followed by my 2018 in Ocean blue, and both colors side by side.
I wish that the 4:56 gearing was available from the start, both of my other Jeeps had 4:10`s and that made such a difference. Now maybe I won`t miss my Raptor as much

I loved the ocean blue.

JFEdwards

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried Jeep chat? They don’t have much info but I still bug them weekly.
I bug them daily lol! I know all their names and saved my canned responses in excel so I can copy & paste and make them think I’m a super speed typer. Shout out to April, Devon and Chad! Probably chat soon! I must live for the rejection. They hype you up when they say congratulations then shoot you down when they say still in the inspection status waiting for more parts.

JFEdwards

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to mention sold my 2015 to the dealer back when I originally ordered my Jeep 392 July 15th! (The trade in value was more than I expected. Wasn’t going to trade it in. Just in for an oil change and wound up handing him the keys!) Had some reservations on the original 392’s rims & quickly changed the order after seeing the xr at Chicago Auto Show and it first becoming available on Jeeps website. Jeepless in Chicago for almost 6 months after driving one since 1995!
I smell a movie if not a mini series.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I smell a movie if not a mini series.
I thought about trading my current 392 in when I ordered my 392 XR last week, to take advantage of current trade-in value craziness, but I remember all too well how miserable the five-month-long wait for this one was, and I decided it was worth hanging on to while I wait to avoid the headache. Especially with no real knowledge of how long it will take to get here, and with another Northern Illinois winter about to start.

It was our first winter here last year, and I don’t know how much snow you guys got in the City, (I’m about an hour north of Chicago) but it was absolutely bonkers up here! Being originally from St.Louis, I’ve never seen that much snow in my life! Not even in my four years in New Jersey! (And I thought the snow up there was crazy!) 🤯
My neighbors all told us that it was a pretty typical amount of snow for here, and that was actually one of the main drivers of my decision to finally get a Rubicon. I’d been wanting to get one for years, and watching the reveal of the 392 pretty much sealed the deal, cuz I was in love! lol

Anyway, just hoping my XR comes in soon enough that the resale market hasn’t cooled off too much from where it is now.

Hope yours comes soon as well!

Fingers crossed!

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I thought about trading my current 392 in when I ordered my 392 XR last week, to take advantage of current trade-in value craziness, but I remember all too well how miserable the five-month-long wait for this one was, and I decided it was worth hanging on to while I wait to avoid the headache. Especially with no real knowledge of how long it will take to get here, and with another Northern Illinois winter about to start.

It was our first winter here last year, and I don’t know how much snow you guys got in the City, (I’m about an hour north of Chicago) but it was absolutely bonkers up here! Being originally from St.Louis, I’ve never seen that much snow in my life! Not even in my four years in New Jersey! (And I thought the snow up there was crazy!) 🤯
My neighbors all told us that it was a pretty typical amount of snow for here, and that was actually one of the main drivers of my decision to finally get a Rubicon. I’d been wanting to get one for years, and watching the reveal of the 392 pretty much sealed the deal, cuz I was in love! lol

Anyway, just hoping my XR comes in soon enough that the resale market hasn’t cooled off too much from where it is now.

Hope yours comes soon as well!

Fingers crossed!
Resale market isnt going to cool any time soon with how few of those there are around.

MaxCatMDWV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
T250, Model-X, Model A
Occupation
SAR Pilot
I’d like to know as well. From everything I’ve read the XR’s do NOT come with Fox shocks. They also flipped/inverted how they’re installed, which I hate. The setup with the shock guard on the bottom is so much better.
But, doesn't the guide the other way (on the bottom) act like a cup and hold water/grime?

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
But, doesn't the guide the other way (on the bottom) act like a cup and hold water/grime?
Doubtful. The guard is on the bottom on the regular 392 and my Raptor is setup the same way. I’m sure they’ve designed those guards to avoid buildup.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Picked mine up today! Already cracked 100 miles…and I couldn’t resist a few spirited acceleration runs. This thing is an absolute animal! Most fun vehicle I’ve ever been in. Total riot. Can’t wait to get it broken in and see what it can do on some trails. Planning on going to Windrock around Valentines Day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone received their 392 Extreme Recon 09FE7D45-FFDF-43BA-B5B4-53120A44F14C

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Picked mine up today! Already cracked 100 miles…and I couldn’t resist a few spirited acceleration runs. This thing is an absolute animal! Most fun vehicle I’ve ever been in. Total riot. Can’t wait to get it broken in and see what it can do on some trails. Planning on going to Windrock around Valentines Day.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone received their 392 Extreme Recon trim.946910E3-0D37-496A-A052-C60248E366F5.MOV

Congrats on your new ride and the video gives us waiting a glimmer of hope. One question, does it wander or track straight?
Sponsored