Sponsored

Has anyone put a better subwoofer in the factory alpine enclosure?

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
This is what is now available:

https://mbquart.com/shop/mobile/mob...jeep-wrangler-jl-tuned-oem-subwoofer-upgrade/

It is designed to complement their stage 6 upgrade kit. I have all that along replacing the AmpPro that came with the kit being replaced with a Fosgate DSR-1 to get the signal to the amps. I have the BRP adapter but the original one was not narrow enough to fit a 48CWRT Kicker and they came up with an update that reduced the inner diameter. By the time that they replaced it I decided to wait for Quart to release their drop in sub. If you decide to replace just the sub first, you will need to add an amp because the factory sub is a 4 coil sub and the amp is not bridgeable.
Sponsored

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
If you're disappointed by the OEM setup when the top is off, it'll be the same with aftermarket options unless you figure out how to "boundary load" what's in there. Placing the sub(s) downfiring would help keep the sound similar in both cases, but the OEM stuff will continue to disappoint, even with a new driver.

JCae2798

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU (RIP), 2021 GC L, 2024 JLU 4xe
Hopefully reviving this post. Curious as to what everyone has done to upgrade the factory Alpine sub. Love mine when the top is up and rear windows on, but hate the way the bass falls off when the top is down. Would prefer to keep the factory enclosure, and will eventually be replacing all speakers.
Are you aware of the reduced bass built into the factory system when the top is open? Not sure what top you have but with the SOT or even the hard top taken off, the factory system basically reduces the output of the factory sub. Wanted to make sure you were aware of it and there are a couple of workarounds...

JCae2798

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU (RIP), 2021 GC L, 2024 JLU 4xe
If you're disappointed by the OEM setup when the top is off, it'll be the same with aftermarket options unless you figure out how to "boundary load" what's in there. Placing the sub(s) downfiring would help keep the sound similar in both cases, but the OEM stuff will continue to disappoint, even with a new driver.
I recently just added my Kicker L7 and what a world of difference it makes no matter open or closed setup. Funny thing is i tried placing the sub in different ways and found it firing toward the side provided the best result. Downfiring did not yield great results for my setup but certainly recommend if you can to try different methods!

TCFD40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Are you aware of the reduced bass built into the factory system when the top is open? Not sure what top you have but with the SOT or even the hard top taken off, the factory system basically reduces the output of the factory sub. Wanted to make sure you were aware of it and there are a couple of workarounds...
I was completely unaware that it done this. Seems opposite of what they should have designed it to do.
Sponsored