Sponsored

Has anyone ordered from out of state and had your new Jeep shipped?

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My local dealers won't come close to the Criswell or Ourisman deals. I don't have time for a cross country road trip to bring the JL home to the Phoenix area, but figure I'll still come out way ahead, even if I have to pay for shipping. Has anyone else done this? Tips and recommendations would be much appreciated!
Sponsored

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
My local dealers won't come close to the Crisswell or Ourisman deals. I don't have time for a cross country road trip to bring the JL home to the Phoenix area, but figure I'll still come out way ahead, even if I have to pay for shipping. Has anyone else done this? Tips and recommendations would be much appreciated!
I'm going to be doing this. I'm ordering from Criswell, and having it shipped to Hawaii. I'll have to pay a $1000 courtesy delivery fee in Honolulu, but all things considered I'm still coming out well ahead of where I would if I bought it there or if I bought it here and had it shipped myself.

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm going to be doing this. I'm ordering from Criswell, and having it shipped to Hawaii. I'll have to pay a $1000 courtesy delivery fee in Honolulu, but all things considered I'm still coming out well ahead of where I would if I bought it there or if I bought it here and had it shipped myself.
$1k shipped to Hawaii doesn't sound too bad at all! Is Criswell coordinating shipping or did you hire your own carrier?

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
$1k shipped to Hawaii doesn't sound too bad at all! Is Criswell coordinating shipping or did you hire your own carrier?
Having Jeep deliver it there, otherwise it’d be about 2500 to ship it.

Sponsored

Riah

First Name
Mariah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Highlander
My local dealers won't come close to the Criswell or Ourisman deals. I don't have time for a cross country road trip to bring the JL home to the Phoenix area, but figure I'll still come out way ahead, even if I have to pay for shipping. Has anyone else done this? Tips and recommendations would be much appreciated!
im honestly considering doing the same thing. not sure i will have the time to take a road trip so i looked up delivery options and it looks like its going to be around 1000-1500

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
That's a great question. I see you're in my area. How good are the other deals? I've heard Earnhardt's in Gilbert will do 5% under invoice with no adds and like a $400 doc fee or there about? With that said, I have not sat down with them to find out details

WranglerBoost

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Turbo
I thought about it, but didn't do it. I was just too impatient :D
So I paid the California price...

Sandow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker Red 2 DR Rubicon
im honestly considering doing the same thing. not sure i will have the time to take a road trip so i looked up delivery options and it looks like its going to be around 1000-1500
If you're in Iowa call Spencer at Motor Inn of Spirit Lake. I got 5% below invoice with Tread Lightly, and they have just a $75 dealer fee. It comes out cheaper than having to have a jeep shipped to you along with some of the higher dealer fees some of these places charge. Absolutely no haggling at all, he had my jeep built and ordered on the phone with me in 5 minutes.

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That's a great question. I see you're in my area. How good are the other deals? I've heard Earnhardt's in Gilbert will do 5% under invoice with no adds and like a $400 doc fee or there about? With that said, I have not sat down with them to find out details
Earnhardt is one of the few dealers that I haven't yet approached. Criswell will do 8% below and Ourisman 8.25%, both with TL/AR. I wonder if I can get Earnhardt to 6% with TL/AR. That would give me enough incentive not to deal with shipping.

Sponsored

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
How did you arrange that?
Called the dealership in Honolulu and asked about courtesy delivery. They said they charge $1000 plus state tax and fees. So when the vehicle is ordered, it’s specified that it’s being shipped to a different location than it’s ordered at. Fairly common for military folks to do that. So I’ll be paying in full to criswell, minus tax and paying a delivery fee and state tax in Hawaii where I’m taking delivery.

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Called the dealership in Honolulu and asked about courtesy delivery. They said they charge $1000 plus state tax and fees. So when the vehicle is ordered, it’s specified that it’s being shipped to a different location than it’s ordered at. Fairly common for military folks to do that. So I’ll be paying in full to criswell, minus tax and paying a delivery fee and state tax in Hawaii where I’m taking delivery.
Wow, that is pretty easy! Is it a program for military people? I'm wondering if every dealership would do that.

DadWagon

First Name
Matthew Couling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Wow, that is pretty easy! Is it a program for military people? I'm wondering if every dealership would do that.
I don’t think it’s a program persay, I did it in the past in conjunction with a JKUR order and had to call and specifically ask about it. The manager in Honolulu was surprised I knew about it and exactly what they charged when I called. I had something worked out with a dealer in Virginia to do the order, but am switching to criswell because of the 799 va processing fee and the county 1% sales tax that they have to charge regardless of where it’s delivered.
Sponsored