Sponsored

Has Anyone Ordered and Already Received Mopar LED Head Lights?

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just Looking to see if anyone has ordered and already received the Mopar LED Headlights?? Also will the running light ring in the LED headlights work in my sport?
Sponsored

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
As far as I know they are still on backorder with no ETA. As far as making the DRL halos work you would have to get a dealer flash or Tazer or I believe the Superchips programmers will turn them on as well

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
It would be nice if the lights came with a voucher to get a dealer to flash for the DRL

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
The strange thing about the halos on the Rubi and Sahara is that they are always on. In another thread the OP was trying to turn them off. He turned off the drl setting in UConnect which turned off the fender drl but the halos remained on. What does that mean? Are the halos not programmed as drls? It will be interesting to see how the mopar LED headlights work on the Sport. If the halos are always on, then you may not have to program the drls.

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Following

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the looks of the Mopar LED’s but the ones that had them at the lot I purchased from were out of my price range as those Wranglers were loaded up and I opted not to build one and wait, hopefully someone comes along soon and had a drop in replacement for my halogen ones, it’s not that the halogens don’t work for me I just like the looks of the LED’s with halo ring

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I heard they would start shipping in June, but with how Jeep handled this launch I wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed even longer. I really like the look of the LEDs and halos, it's the one option not available to Sport S that I really wanted.

FishyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
If it’s helpful, my JLU was in a front end collision last week which damaged the following parts: steel bumper, LED fog lamp, 1 tow hook, grill, fender (upper and lower), LED turn signal, radiator, and LED headlight on the passenger side.

The collision shop said they ordered everything last Thursday and all parts (including LED headlamps) should be at their shop this coming Thursday, making for a 7 day turn around.

I was worried they would have a hard time getting the parts but it sounds like they were able to get everything. Will follow up if that turns out not to be true.

Not sure what additional parts, if any, might be required if switching from non-LED to LED outside of the lamp housing alone.. (wiring harnesses, rom flash or other computer update?)

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
If it’s helpful, my JLU was in a front end collision last week which damaged the following parts: steel bumper, LED fog lamp, 1 tow hook, grill, fender (upper and lower), LED turn signal, radiator, and LED headlight on the passenger side.

The collision shop said they ordered everything last Thursday and all parts (including LED headlamps) should be at their shop this coming Thursday, making for a 7 day turn around.

I was worried they would have a hard time getting the parts but it sounds like they were able to get everything. Will follow up if that turns out not to be true.

Not sure what additional parts, if any, might be required if switching from non-LED to LED outside of the lamp housing alone.. (wiring harnesses, rom flash or other computer update?)
When it comes to accidents parts are available but as far as purchasing off parts stores they will be back ordered

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
When it comes to accidents parts are available but as far as purchasing off parts stores they will be back ordered
Why is that? Whats stopping the collision shop from ordering you a part on the side instead of for a repair job?

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Why is that? Whats stopping the collision shop from ordering you a part on the side instead of for a repair job?
I can’t speak like an expert, but I’m guessing it has to do with a service order and their business set up. If you aren’t set up to be a retail shop, it’s not exactly like they want to have a ton of random inventory for tons of different vehicles.

That said, I’m fairly sure you could speak to someone to do it on the side. If they knew you, it would make sense.

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
confirmed, you can order them from the body shop, they told me the replacements are a different part numbers compared to the Mopar 'kit'. Not sure if there is a wiring harness or anything to adapt form the halogens. Proceed with caution.

I asked my dealer today while I was getting an oil change.
Sponsored