Sponsored

Has anyone ordered a body colored hard top after delivery?

DevilDog305

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I love my soft top but now I'm thinking I should have a hard top as well to switch things up and i'm afraid that once the Punk N color is discontinued it will be difficult to get second hand. Does Jeep sell just the hard top like that? I know theres aftermarket black hard tops that you can buy, but I would like the color matched one. Thanks.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I haven't heard of this - might be able to find a used one for sale, and your cheapest bet would probably be to by a black H/T and have it painted.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Iā€™m not 100% certain, but I donā€™t think that you can purchase any of the body colored parts pre-painted. Youā€™d have to get the unpainted top and have it painted to match at a body shop.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
I agree with Chocolate Thunder. You will have to order a black or primed H/T and have them paint. The only issue you will have is the ordered H/T will already have the windows and back glass installed. Unsure how difficult it would be for them to remove and reinstall after paint. I would insist on removal before paint. I once bought an off color camper shell for a pick-up truck. The body shop assured me I would not be able to tell it use to have a different color underneath. I could still see the red around the windows and back glass; barely but I could still see.

I am considering the Rubicon hood with the vents. Cut the back of the vents, and the under hood felt. Paint to match. Same with the high top fender flares. Maybe that will help tame the fan some. LOL Bare minimum it will help with the heat dissipation.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Be aware that if you only got the soft top from the factory you donā€™t have the wiring package to the back for the heated rear window/wiper or the pipe work for the washer. This is not a small job.

You also need the brackets that retain the freedom panels, it seems they donā€™t come with the roof.

Thereā€™s a useful thread here....

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ardtop-and-rear-wiper-to-a-soft-top-jl.26433/

My apologies if you already know this stuff.
Sponsored

Last edited: