Sponsored

Has anyone or will anyone be ordering the Recon?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
My Jeep was delivered to my dealer this morning! Wooohooo! Of course this is the week I’m in training (working later) and my contact at the dealer is out of the office for a couple days.

I plan on going to the dealer this weekend to check it out and hopefully test drive it (and of course, take pics!).

I won’t be able to take it home until I get mine back from the shop and the paperwork is done. Ugh. Such a wait.
Sponsored

mqu02

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Industrial Engineering
Not exactly the update I wanted to give, but with everything going wrong this week I decided to cancel the Jeep I ordered. Fortunately the dealer could get it canceled in the system, and was understanding. I figured since it wasn't something I "had" to have, I better think about how bad things could get and be smart about spending. Hopefully things turn around sooner rather than later though, and maybe there will end up being some incentives on the next go.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Changes are going on. One week and already have the lift, wheels, tires, winch, compressor and CB installed. Love the looks so far.

E3950599-1B72-4C85-BE0B-9651E4D2177E.jpeg

03AF7AF5-A711-48FE-843C-E72AACB70AB8.jpeg
Nice!!! Makes me excited to receive mine. I ordered Jan 28 and it was loaded on the train Monday. I don’t really want to take delivery until April 1st....hoping for an incentive. When did you order?

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Not exactly the update I wanted to give, but with everything going wrong this week I decided to cancel the Jeep I ordered. Fortunately the dealer could get it canceled in the system, and was understanding. I figured since it wasn't something I "had" to have, I better think about how bad things could get and be smart about spending. Hopefully things turn around sooner rather than later though, and maybe there will end up being some incentives on the next go.
Damn. I’m sorry to hear that. I hope things are ok for you—it is a rough time.

mqu02

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Industrial Engineering
Damn. I’m sorry to hear that. I hope things are ok for you—it is a rough time.
Thanks for the comment, and yeah, things are OK given the circumstances, but as you mentioned, this is one huge mess we're all in. I have a bad feeling the next few weeks are going to be pretty rough for all of us, and I figured I can always re-order once this settles down. Honestly, if I'm wrong about canceling this order and life ends up fine, in my opinion that's a win for all of us.

Make sure and enjoy yours for me too, and hopefully I can be back in the waiting line sooner rather than later.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Changes are going on. One week and already have the lift, wheels, tires, winch, compressor and CB installed. Love the looks so far.

E3950599-1B72-4C85-BE0B-9651E4D2177E.jpeg

03AF7AF5-A711-48FE-843C-E72AACB70AB8.jpeg
New Recon looks great, congrats!!!

The side graphics look good. Can you take a pic of the hood graphic? Thanks

-Steven

Black_Dog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 4-Door Rubicon Recon (Granite Crystal)
That sucks. I ordered a Rubicon last April. In May, a couple weeks before it was delivered to the dealership, I received notice that I was being laid off (job moved to Costa Rica). So I canceled the order. It broke my heart.

But things worked out. My termination date was extended twice, so my last day was in December. We took the severance and relocated from Texas to the amazing mountains of Utah. Last week I was hired by a company up here and I put money down on a Granite Crystal Metallic Recon that is in transit from the factory. I hope things work out as well for you.

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
That sucks. I ordered a Rubicon last April. In May, a couple weeks before it was delivered to the dealership, I received notice that I was being laid off (job moved to Costa Rica). So I canceled the order. It broke my heart.

But things worked out. My termination date was extended twice, so my last day was in December. We took the severance and relocated from Texas to the amazing mountains of Utah. Last week I was hired by a company up here and I put money down on a Granite Crystal Metallic Recon that is in transit from the factory. I hope things work out as well for you.
Nice to hear things worked out well for you! My youngest son is attending the U of U. Utah is so beautiful!

Post up pics when you take delivery. Granite Crystal is amazing paint.

-Steven

mqu02

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Industrial Engineering

I always try to believe everything happens for a reason, and I'm really happy for you that everything ended up working out. I'm confident you will love your Recon even more because it took so long to get, and what a beautiful place to live now to use it. I love the state of Utah, and make sure to pick up a Jeep Badge of Honor trying it out.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Thanks for the comment, and yeah, things are OK given the circumstances, but as you mentioned, this is one huge mess we're all in. I have a bad feeling the next few weeks are going to be pretty rough for all of us, and I figured I can always re-order once this settles down. Honestly, if I'm wrong about canceling this order and life ends up fine, in my opinion that's a win for all of us.

Make sure and enjoy yours for me too, and hopefully I can be back in the waiting line sooner rather than later.
I hope you get one later. I wouldn’t be getting a new vehicle now if it were optional. Take care!
Sponsored